Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my sanity
I'm sorry If I sounded like a jerk but let me rephrase this

a) I think your stuff is well thought out, atleast deserves its own game, or to be officially part of this one. Personally think you swung a bit far on the anubite lore, it feels like theres this separate anubite RP game in SL.

b) when I mean the anubite rp/ royalty lore/ ect ticks me off, its because its all I see anubites RP, they only seem to talk about their anubite problems,their anubite gods, ect. (probably wouldn't be the only thing they'd talk about if I didn't try to avoid them when I hear it)

c) you've been here so long, been doing this for so long, normally I hate anything that strikes up its own pantheon of gods in a game that very clearly has 1 correct religion with active shenanigans from that religion messing with world, but since you've been here so long, I'd rather incorporate them directly into the lore at this point because it would make everyone happier ( the anubite religion could be a hierarchy of demigods offspringed by one of the gods in beast people land)
Okay. I'll do everything possible to not sound like an asshole.

But why does this matter so much to you?

Going off of your first point, there's absolutely nothing (unless you're speaking about the population issue) that I swung too far with. Giving examples will work wonders, rather than saying "you went too far". Where? How? At least provide concrete evidence, or instances to be properly addressed. You mentioned there's a separate Anubite game in SL2...

... So? Judging from your statements, you glean towards not caring for the Anubites in the first place. Sure, there's plenty of them, but you have as much freedom to not pay attention to them as much as we have the freedom to believe in a turkey sandwich god.

Your second comment ties into the reason why the Anubites were even created. If SL2 focused on more RP aspects rather than PvP/ PvE, there wouldn't be much room for the imagination to wonder. The sad fact of the matter is that SL2 doesn't satisfy most roleplayers and unlike 90% of the community on this game, I'm not going to settle for what's decidedly spoon fed to me. Not as someone craving roleplay and not more equipment, classes, etc. Whiiiiich also makes a full circle back to what you said. Yes, they're only going to talk about those subjects. Especially when we converge among ourselves to roleplay something more substantial than lesbian catgirls and people flexing on each other 24/7.

It comes with the territory.

Your third comment? Refer back to the turkey sammich god. Religion is subjective. Anyone can believe in what they want to. There doesn't have to be only one religion in this made-up fantasy land.

Tl;dr Nobody is going to hound Dev down or bitch to him about missing aspects of the game. So it was taken upon ourselves. Unless something crazy is being done on our end, I see no problem with them being kept as they are.

P.S. Make an opposing force on the same level as this group to snuff them out if you're just that fucking salty about it.
[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
You're lore is well thought out, you're backstories are well though out and well written, I'm not insulting or smearing the work you put into your RP.

My literal only issue with anubites in the past is when they go off and roleplay about anubite things in places such as capital of sigrogana ( a place that should be icly covered in standard civilian npcs going about their business.) And considering how the empire has been presented thus far I would expect anyone speaking of heretical things, that break the calm status quo would atleast get shushed, or that the church of lispool would try to silence the heresey.

but yeah you're lore is fine, I even like it from an observatory view. I just don't like it when its the only thing anubites ever talk about, and that they talk about it right in the middle of a city center of not the most tolerant people.

Also I explicitly hate all kind of RP that starts "hello this my religion from this place you can never go to that is so wonderfully successful and rich"

I've gotten past that phase with the anubites, I know they aren't going anywhere, I gave up on that dream years ago, at this point since you are such a large part of the community, I'd rather just accept you into the lore and canon completely.

I'm sorry I'm just one of those Lore/canon ocd nerds you run into from time to time.
I can see where you're coming from.

Depending if my memory isn't absolutely shot, in the last few years, no one has strictly talked about Anubite things in public places. Others have definitely stopped them and mentioned Anubites things to the Anubites and they carry on a conversation that way. However, it should be noted that if there were so many followers of the Mercala religion in Cellsvich (including PCs), then someone should have stopped by to piss about them being heretics and all that jazz. There's two problems with that. One issue is I'm sure Sigrogana has dignitaries from all over come to visit. Unless it's some fantasy version of WW2 Germany, I'm sure that people have to/ will be tolerant of the times foreigners drop by. Second issue is that we can uphold that same mentality of "out of sight, out of mind". Why RP something that isn't there (invisible NPCs)? We simply haven't thought about it instead of playing the 'blissfully ignorant' card like several others do.

Those places do kind of exist. Hence why I made forum RP sections to represent each village. Not to mention that I'm hoping to incorporate housing levels and designing them to tangibly travel to halfway points to those villages. Additionally, I even went as far as to purchase a city building simulator specifically revolved around ancient Egypt and play it to mimic what it would be like to maintain resources, accumulate wealth, establish trades, experience devastating events, etc. Mainly to cover all the bases and not just tell everyone "hey, look at all our wealth we somehow received". My only lack of action is not slapping up this information somewhere for public view and I hope to find the time to do so in the future.

As Blissey stated, we're not shooting to have our lore set in stone. That hasn't been the goal since day one. If it does become official? Cool. If it doesn't? No skin off our backs. We're doing what we can to have fun, and (sometimes regrettably) extend that fun out to SL2's community, if they're interested.
[Image: 21b2ouq.png]