Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stylish class, Stylish talk
I see..well while not ultimately a necessary change, one more work around I suppose is if it's clarity problems, when you double click on somebody to view their statuses, you can see an "Evoking" status effect, it could be "Evoking (Overload)", as for characters with Mysterious, well they're supposed to be mysterious anyway.
Can't you add a limitation then if someone puts a ton of spaces in a row that it simply smacks them? We have it, currently, smack people who don't do much with their name in character select.

I hardly believe it would be much different. Stances for Demon Hunter could require atleast a letter or number in it, FORCING it to do that.

For invocations, it could say after the spell and quotes what spell they're charging up for.
"Neus" Wrote:I don't think so. People would just put in all spaces to try and hide what stance they're in, which can be worked around, but I'm sure there's more abuse cases I haven't thought of.

Erm, how do you abuse something that pops up on top of the screen "Cobra Stance" and shines your character a yellow color with a smooth finger snap noise while you do so? Same to invocations, there's no way to hide it as the technique's name pops up on the screen every time you cast it.

[Image: 6fcf626b089b41559b8853dd362e9b06.png]

[Image: b63bfac1df5d4f348ae030b6bd5c1053.png]

[Image: ec89350a93064b3eb4fd9326a980a098.png]
ps: had to make this one in paint

If I haven't been clear (Sorry if so), my proposal was just to add a sub-option in Win Quotes tab, to make you able to change/customize the automated text it says upon the Demon Hunter's stances being used, not the skill's name itself, not the colors, just the text. ('Whoa! Scary...' instead of 'Cobra!', for re-example.)

"Neus" Wrote:As for invocations, people would just change them to different invocation's default text to try and trick people.
As for tricking people and abusing this for advantage, we all know what the groovy GM trio composed by 'Catsnek', 'Sawbrock' and 'dad' Chaos loves to do when people misbehave in your game. We could say it's a very... ''bannable''... sport.
It would be painfully obvious to know they're being an 'abusive butt' if Mr. Troll said: "Matador!!" with a yellow colored italic bold text, and easy to be dealt with, since people can always print screen and send the screenshot to a GM.

But in the end, I would LOVE this to be just for Demon Hunter's stances, and not all the invocations existing in the game like people are suggesting back and forth. It would give way too much unnecessary work. (Just doing Demon Hunter alone would give it anyways.)
The idea behind this post was just to make some sort of starting fire on something 'new' that can be improved/expanded late on, not a complete fully functional firepit, people.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'm with Dev on the invocation text. (the chants are plenty cool already, anyway)

I'd be totally on board with customizable Demon Hunter stances though. Style and nothing else is plenty of reason, right? Beside what Snake pointed out about the skill display, can't people abusing the system just get a warning anyway, when they change it? (And one from a GM if they keep it up)
Bump.
That, and magick is supposed to be regimented and disciplined. If you just say any old invocation, your spell won't work.
I still see no problem if you prevent the input from being blank and prevent the first character typed from being anything that isn't a letter or a quotation mark.

(I still would love to use Intensify Cold and chant "it's time to put you on Ice." because I'm punzy. That and my papillion icly woulden't really say "Be lost in a rainbow Abyss.&quotWink
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
"Snake" Wrote:But in the end, I would LOVE this to be just for Demon Hunter's stances, and not all the invocations existing in the game like people are suggesting back and forth. It would give way too much unnecessary work. (Just doing Demon Hunter alone would give it anyways.)
The idea behind this post was just to make some sort of starting fire on something 'new' that can be improved/expanded late on, not a complete fully functional firepit, people.
I remember this being at Demon Hunter's stances only. Never said it was supposed to work with magic incantations. People brainstormed over my simple idea and ruined Dev's mood. *shrug* Thanks for the hijack, guys.

"Joseph Jostar" Wrote:Beside what Snake pointed out about the skill display, can't people abusing the system just get a warning anyway, when they change it? (And one from a GM if they keep it up)
And this, mostly because we don't see any Ren Browns because the GMs are competent.
My favorite solution to the kind of abuse suggested by Dev comes from an old private server of an MMO I used to play on for a bit, some years ago.

In that game, messages appeared above your character's head. So people would do things like "Message here @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@" to make the message look bigger. This was beyond cancerous. So what did the team of that server do? They implemented criteria for "valid messages" and putting multiple @s made the message invalid. Any time an invalid message was sent, it would instead change to "DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCK." It led to some funny moments. (And became an odd matter of pride among some of our more sexually open females and gay males, as it gave them a shortcut to type that exact message, but I digress.)

Considering how SL2 has some manner of criteria in place for aliases already (It's reset to nothing if changed to something too short) it THEORETICALLY (I don't want to comment on the coding as I've not only never seen it, but am a relative amateur to coding) wouldn't be too hard to implement; 3 valid characters (Letters/Punctuation, spaces do not count) and would still allow basic short replies like "No." ICly. It WOULD prevent people from doing this: http://i.imgur.com/H8fDtT0.png (I made sure to dig up an example with Fern since Fern is well liked enough to make it look like I'm not picking on anyone, as there WERE numerous examples in the Funny Quotes thread) which would upset some, but honestly, if it's worth changing your faceicon and showing people, you can type a small emote for it.
*loud burp*
I don't see anything wrong with the blank text in emotes to show the FIs only. Aside from being something that brought a lot of many snicker-worth moments because most of the time people are rather responsible using this trick, it is also an old trend in SL2. As old as OOC tornadoes to greet people, filling Cellsvich with bear traps from the top to bottom and emoticon bubble spamming is. (And soon OOC prayers.)

It would be a drag in combat, and specifically this being applied to the suggestion I made, then yes. I agree. Something like that would be pretty damn unhealthy to be used in the wrong ways in a battle. Still, it boils back down to what I said over 4 times now.

How many people are named 'Ren Brown' in SL2?

Geez. The game is not filled with terminal stage dementia players like in this MMO of yours, don't you even dare to compare, lmao! It's just a simple pile of endless salty crybabies and aged memes, and these two things can easily be moderated by the GMs. We got 4 GMs for 25-30 people, excluding Dev when he hops in for the donations, sometimes.