Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabling clean up of scars during Black Beasts attacks
Simple enough.
New players and veterans alike, they're determined to clean up scars instead of actually assisting in the attack.
And by that, I mean. Soloing a clean up of a scar and taking away a huge amount of EXP from other players who're actually fighting.

The fix?

"You feel like a coward repairing scars during the middle of THE ATTACK."

Wait until the attack is over before you dedicate time and attention on cleaning up, ya goofs.
[Image: hBDofi9.gif]
Sure, except maybe "You feel taking your attention away from the dangerous beasts to do repairs is a bad idea."
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
The fix :

'Quit being a pussy, go fight.'
While it's certainly not the most efficient and polite way of managing the black beasts, I can't really get behind shaming people for it. Sometimes they're just genuinely confused, with no ill intent and all that. Not to mention some people just aren't built for battle.

On the other hand, something like 'the presence of the beasts still attacking intimidates you' and slowing down the progress to clean it would incentivize assisting in combat without completely preventing non-combatants or people who just don't feel like it from getting some scar xp, since it IS scaling xp and that stuff is precious for the last several levels.
I think maybe ICly the way it is currently would make sense, considering a little damage control probably goes a long way during the attacks.

However, maybe this OOC issue could be remedied by giving a bigger EXP boost to people that engage in a lot of combat and actively try to fight off as many beasts as possible?
[Image: themoreyoulearnandshit.gif]
[Image: 0jEzoZe.png]
"Dystopia" Wrote:I think maybe ICly the way it is currently would make sense, considering a little damage control probably goes a long way during the attacks.

However, maybe this OOC issue could be remedied by giving a bigger EXP boost to people that engage in a lot of combat and actively try to fight off as many beasts as possible?

There's not going to be much of a point to fighting beasts if a majority of the scars are gone in the first place.
[Image: hBDofi9.gif]
Change the 'Invasion Complete' experience to give more the more Beasts that you kill. Make scars give less than the 'Invasion' EXP. So in other words, doing scars wont meant much, killing the most black beasts? That'll mean the most and give you the most EXP.
"Radioaction" Wrote:Change the 'Invasion Complete' experience to give more the more Beasts that you kill. Make scars give less than the 'Invasion' EXP. So in other words, doing scars wont meant much, killing the most black beasts? That'll mean the most and give you the most EXP.

That's essentially what I was suggesting, yes. +1
[Image: themoreyoulearnandshit.gif]
[Image: 0jEzoZe.png]
I'm fairly certain to get the "XP" bonus from black beasts, you only have to contribute one battle. I'd suggest making it a minimum 10 to get the bonus from that, increase the XP from like (what 1% per battle?) to 2% per.. and then make the scars give... 2%? i think they give 2.5% right now.
"Rendar" Wrote:I'm fairly certain to get the "XP" bonus from black beasts, you only have to contribute one battle. I'd suggest making it a minimum 10 to get the bonus from that, increase the XP from like (what 1% per battle?) to 2% per.. and then make the scars give... 2%? i think they give 2.5% right now.

So you're telling me, make battling give 2%, make scars give the same amount? What's stopping people from still doing the scars out of being lazy?

I say, 1% for scars, 2.5% for battles. Reverse the roles here.