Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disabling clean up of scars during Black Beasts attacks
ICly it makes perfect sense, there's no reason to worry about the building/ground the beast slashed at when it's inches from slashing you. But I'm not 100% on-board with limiting the scar interaction to after-only.

As for an OOC fix that does't 100% deny people, give a small incentive to save them for the end..... maybe like 5% bonus exp (as in +5% of 2.5% or w/e) of what you normally get or some small amount -after- the event ends.

Basically this falls in line with all the posts ninja'd in while I was writing this. Q_Q
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Scars give 5% and every beast kill gives everyone 1% once the raid ends, on top of whatever the fight itself gave you.

I'm not sure if it's necessary to prevent people from repairing scars during a raid to solve this.

Either we could go with the prior suggestion of increasing the EXP from the final rewards, OR...we could make the scars cleaned up contribute to the end reward everyone gets. Something like 'x packs of beasts were defeated, and x repairs were made'.

It could be like 0.5% exp per scar in the end total, so it's not as good as a beast kill but it still contributes something to everyone else, and makes it so people won't have to feel bad if they just want to repair.
As someone who does occasionally stop to repair mid-raid, I'd like to offer multiple counterpoints:

1) When fed, physical stamina recovers a bit per battle fought. Rather than just repairing EVERYTHING at the end and running out of stamina, getting a few repairs in mid-raid is far more efficient on an individual basis. (And considering how the vast majority of the time, I seem to be one of the only people fighting the beasts, anyone who shows up just to repair at the end gets no sympathy for the scars they've missed out on that I handled mid-raid)

2) Not every character is suited to beast combat. In fact, due to the combination of Dark Calling and Black Roar's strength boost, some builds are completely incapable of fending them off. Rather than join a party and slow everyone else's turns down, which actually WOULD hurt the count of total mobs defeated, (Not even joking, when solo with a party nearby, I always finish battles faster simply since it doesn't need to go through multiple players' turns) these people are NOT "taking away a huge amount of experience from people who are actually fighting" since people just show up to clean afterwards anyways, and they weren't capable of fighting anyways, so...?

3) Have you ever been around during a busy raid? I have. As in, scouring Dormeho top to bottom and not finding a single beast to fight since everyone else has them already engaged? May as well stop to repair something so your time isn't totally wasted.

Maybe just don't be a dick?
*loud burp*
1. Single-handedly repairing a scar takes a long time
2. You can be attacked while repairing a scar
3. Skipping beast fights will make the player lose out on the big EXP bonus at the end
4. If the player runs out of stamina, they aren't repairing scars anymore
5. Are we supposed to make them sit with their thumbs up their asses when everyone else is hogging whatever beasts spawn?

Honestly, this suggestion is nothing more than pure salt to players that have their characters try to limit the damage while it's happening, for the sole reason of 'HOW DARE YOU TOUCH MUH EXP'. It is not impossible for something along the lines of 'we'll hold them off while you try to keep everything from falling apart' to happen, especially when some characters aren't even intended to be combatants. I see no reason to force them into a 'you must fight to do anything' requirement, and considering the EXP bonus at the end of the raid, someone cleaning up a few scars mid-raid is no real detriment.

Nothing about this suggestion should be implemented. Ever.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"Chaos" Wrote:5. Are we supposed to make them sit with their thumbs up their asses when everyone else is hogging whatever beasts spawn?

"Chaos" Wrote:Honestly, this suggestion is nothing more than pure salt to players that have their characters try to limit the damage while it's happening, for the sole reason of 'HOW DARE YOU TOUCH MUH EXP'. It is not impossible for something along the lines of 'we'll hold them off while you try to keep everything from falling apart' to happen, especially when some characters aren't even intended to be combatants. I see no reason to force them into a 'you must fight to do anything' requirement, and considering the EXP bonus at the end of the raid, someone cleaning up a few scars mid-raid is no real detriment.
Nothing about this suggestion should be implemented. Ever.

I was gonna stay out of the saltfest to keep myself safe but uh. That's really really funny. Like damn, you think Franky is salty, but ya' get all triggered like this?
-
On a less-salty note, I think Ranylyn has some good counter-points on the entire thing without sounding this way. I myself feel pretty neutral since I almost never do black beasts and I only do scars when my party leader is walking by, goes "ooo scar" and goes for it. Some people who're less comfortable with fighting can do scars, sure, but there's still a good chance of being buttfucked by a sudden BB spawn anyways, which seems like punishment enough imo. I think the best way, personally to get around the whole "b-but I'm not a fighter" is to sit and wait for the end (because let me tell you nobody will finish cleaning scars by the time it's over and you'll get something at least) or pseudo-team with someone else so they can defend you from the spawns while you clean and they attract that attention, which is more of a win-win without them leading you down and making you slow. And it's not like there isn't a few other ways to earn EXP non-combativly. We could use a few more probably, yeah sure, but still, it's just that scars seem to be the only constant and the easiest, which is dumb imo.
Maybe just make BB spawn rates higher so people aren't "sitting with their thumbs up their asses", eh Chaos?
[Image: da4KzKk.png]
To be completely fair, I don't think Chaos was acting "triggered." My first reaction to the first post of the topic was "Durrr, how dare someone else play in a way that isn't perfectly optimized for ME!?" Which is basically why I put the "Maybe just don't be a dick?" at the bottom of my post. I just tried to frame my points in a way that didn't make my post look like a kneejerk reaction - because my point about stamina really is a big part of why I repair mid-raid on occasion, and especially in Dormeho, it can be frustrating to find a beast to fight when there's even just 4 people wandering around, sometimes.
*loud burp*
Why can't we just get more beasts and less scars anyway? The black doggies are a good way to farm Murai, and scars are only useful to cap those classes you didn't do while leveling to 60.

Idk about lag, tho.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I know there were some counter points posted but I more or less agree that people cleaning up scars during the attacks isn't great, so you'll have to wait until after the attack ends to repair the damage. That's more or less what I 'intended' when I added them and I think it makes more sense that way.

I have adjustments for BBs on my list, at any rate. I'll keep 'more spawning' in mind. I'll also be adding the 'warning' message that has been requested before to give people in-town a heads up that it'll be happening.