Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleansing Bubbles
Cleanse Body in MA doesn't really.. do much.

It sometimes works, and when it does, it's neat. However against most things that players can apply, it's actually worthless or just outright doesn't cure it most of the time. It works off of SCALED WIL/2... which, for most will never get above 20-25ish for that (especially as an MA. None of their promotions scale off of it anymore).

I'd like to see it get changed to instead use SCALED SKI entirely (like meditation does), or simply SCALED WIL/2 + SCALED SKI/2. This'll make it, at least, somewhat more usable than it is right now in combating things. It's just sort of a paper weight skill that occasionally is useful against a magic gunner who decides to try and delete leg you.

EDIT:

Or, add an Urazawa effect to this that if you get the combo right, makes it 1.5x more effective.
I'd try getting it switched to SKI/2 or VIT/2 and the Urawaza effect you mentioned (on success = 1.5x effectiveness). That works out to like what, 30 - 37.5 if you're hitting soft caps?

. . . Maybe make it double effectiveness at Urawaza proc. Idk about this one though.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Just make it Scaled WIL, and we're golden. Scaled SKI would be far too powerful and convenient.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I agree with Chaos. Before it was fairly balanced in that you needed 60 WIL to remove just about any status effect (mainly high level poison), but, now you'd need to dump an excessive amount of points into WIL to be able to do that (around 70-80~ points will get you to 60 scaled).

I'd say cap the level of status it can heal to Rank * 6, though. Pretty much just means poison that somehow gets above level 30 can't be cleanse-body'd.
Cleanse Body is -literally- the only thing that scales to WIL in the MA tree now. If anything, you have incentive not to get it due to being tied in to a stat that you have no need to prioritize.

EDIT: If I'm not making myself clear enough: What you have to give to be able to -viably- use Cleanse Body is not worth it. Leaving it as WIL doesn't really solve it. Although I can kind of agree with how Trex put it with the R*6 cap limit if you rearrange the Rank Order for the ailments cured (the one with the lowest average Status Level being R1, the highest average being R5).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Scaled WIL, +1.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Exxy" Wrote:Cleanse Body is -literally- the only thing that scales to WIL in the MA tree now. If anything, you have incentive not to get it due to being tied in to a stat that you have no need to prioritize.
Except the point is to give priority to WIL, not to make SKI even more ridiculous. Considering that the skill can clear up to five status effects at once, this is a very fair trade-off.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"Chaos" Wrote:
"Exxy" Wrote:Cleanse Body is -literally- the only thing that scales to WIL in the MA tree now. If anything, you have incentive not to get it due to being tied in to a stat that you have no need to prioritize.
Except the point is to give priority to WIL, not to make SKI even more ridiculous. Considering that the skill can clear up to five status effects at once, this is a very fair trade-off.

I made another suggestion (that was assumably ignored) of it being scaled to VIT instead.... even VIT/2 would be better than what it is now.

EDIT: Small edit.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I changed it to WIL. It was never updated to use Scaled WIL, so it was just using half of your WIL. I don't know if I want to make it Scaled WIL since that exact value is hard to figure out, but if I add the scaled values displayed in battle to yourself as has been suggested a few times, we can change it.