Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Reckoning, Part 2 - A hint of things to come.
But to get 100% affliction chance you need to deal 2000 damage.
I think you misunderstand how high the chances are, it´s damage/20=affliction Chance.
For the Two-hand talent, I think it should be based on the current weapon weight compared to certain weapons. My reasoning be if someone feather'd a heavy axe, that weapon will probably become light-medium weight. At the same time if a sword isn't considered heavy but has weapon components that add lots of weight (giant) and gigantic gene, they should benefit.

I also think the talent itself should also maybe add in a proficiency? Extra hit for using a weapon with two hands for whatever reason (I don't have a reasoning, just that some weapons need that extra hit chance. (Ex: Gigantys)
I just thought of to ask:

Will there be a Mancy for Sound Magic (granted instances are -literally- almost non-existant)?
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I think I'd actually like to see weapons be categorized as "Light, Medium, and Heavy" by their "WEIGHT" categories, honestly.

Sure, a greatsword is NORMALLY, heavy. However if they put all the negative weight mods in the world, and add floating.. It could have less weight than a katana. Just seeing things being categorized in such things would be neat. 0 to 9 is light, 10-19 is medium, 20+ is heavy.
"Exxy" Wrote:I just thought of to ask:

Will there be a Mancy for Sound Magic (granted instances are -literally- almost non-existant)?

Possibly later.

"Rendar" Wrote:I think I'd actually like to see weapons be categorized as "Light, Medium, and Heavy" by their "WEIGHT" categories, honestly.

Sure, a greatsword is NORMALLY, heavy. However if they put all the negative weight mods in the world, and add floating.. It could have less weight than a katana. Just seeing things being categorized in such things would be neat. 0 to 9 is light, 10-19 is medium, 20+ is heavy.

This would probably make more sense, yes.
Here's one of the four (now three) talents that weren't added at the time of the first beta. This one will be in the next beta, which will begin shortly.

[Image: n9xQCaw.png]
Spiritualism
1.5 SP per Rank
  • Perception - Allows you to sense spirits in the area, the distance of which is based on SR. Spirits will appear as black or white, called 'paging', which shows if they are malicious (black) or not (white).
  • Release - Allows you to release perceived spirits, exorcising them. Requires Mental Stamina. Success is based on SR and the spirit's page, and success grants roleplaying EXP. Failure may result in negative effects if the spirit is black.
  • Possession - Rather than release, you allow a spirit to possess you temporarily, up to a maximum of SR. Depending on the page, the effect differs, which can be confirmed in the occult window. Having a spirit possess you treats you as Possessed race for certain effects. (Spirits will escape when you are reduced to 0 HP.)

Spiritualism is another unique talent. Spirits will spawn in various places, mainly towns, but some non-random dungeons as well. If you have the ability to perceive them via Perception, they will show up to you when you get close enough. From there, you can utilize your ability to Release them, which essentially sends them on their way to Lazarus. Doing so grants you some small amount of roleplaying EXP, if you succeed. If you fail, the spirit resists being exorcised. White ones will not do anything, but black spirits will retaliate, potentially harming you.

Another option you have is to let the spirit possess you, which will grant some effect, based on the type of spirit it is. Of course, this carries some risks and is generally seen as unsafe, so use caution. You can confirm the effects of the spirits possessing you on the character screen, as well as releasing them from possession.

[Image: w4Za3Ig.png]

When you're reduced to 0 HP, as well, some spirits will escape from you; anywhere from 1 to all of them.
"Neus" Wrote:[Image: e122a5741120495797aca2d36103e12f.png]

Two questions:

- Will it be made to conflict with Devotion at all or will they both be in a symbiotic/mutual relationship to one another??

[strike]- Maybe this was a teaser (or I just interpretted it as one) but roleplaying experience????[/strike]
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
The two don't conflict at all, no.
I can't help but notice the example involves bonus ranks in certain skills. Depending on the ability you have to purge select spirits or not (and whether bonus skill ranks are limited to your equipped classes), I'm worried this might lead to the meta being a bit heavy-handed on maxing posession and farming spirits for the +skill ones. What was the maximum rank on Posession going to be?
Neat, looking forward to seeing the rework in the live game. Keep up to the good work Dev.

Just three late questions to close on before I'm done:

- Could we possibly see an extra Talent point to distribute every 5, 10 or 20 levels? Looking at it from a end-game character with all the LE perks for increased Talent Points, it -really- felt like stretching them. Although I wouldn't say I couldn't get all the ones I felt were necessary for that character it felt much more bare than it was before (which make sense, with how you spread out the perks they provide on a lot of pre-existing ones).

- Will Traits be next on the list?

"Joseph Jostar" Wrote:I can't help but notice the example involves bonus ranks in certain skills. Depending on the ability you have to purge select spirits or not (and whether bonus skill ranks are limited to your equipped classes), I'm worried this might lead to the meta being a bit heavy-handed on maxing posession and farming spirits for the +skill ones. What was the maximum rank on Posession going to be?

I want to say I saw 5 being the max, I could be wrong. Given how the other Talents work I'd feel say to guess it's max SR would be 3 -or- 5. It may be in the Beta server already so I would suggest checking that for a quick answer if you haven't already (assuming it's still up).

Lastly, there is already a few decent counters to Possessed Racial. If anything it gives more weight to the Ghost Killer Enchantment Catalyst. Although I have concerns over it being used in conjunction to being a Vampire (thinking it could give them a workaround if certain suggestions pass, I'll have to wait until the update to see how this plays out).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy