Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dullahaning it Up
As of right now, Dullahans are in a really good spot in the meta. Immune to poison, highly resilient to physical attacks (especially the ones that decide to go DH/BK), and all around tanky as all get out.

This is all fine and good, because on it's own, it makes them a force to be reckoned with. What begins to make them overpowered is with Great Reckoning, their one detriment (Interference) was made null and void for them entirely. Making them completely immune to the status effect if they're strong enough, meaning they suffer no penalty to healing and regain full hp/fp (pretty much always).

That would be fine, probably, but with an item you can craft you can make a Dullahan with all of these things, pretty much invulnerable in one-on-one.

Mayelia heals 15% for every time the bearer loses their turn. Whatever that may be, stunned by an Arbalest, stunned by yourself, etc.

As of right now, Dullahan's gain a good chunk of their FP back, and gain 15% Hp back. Which can cause fights to drag on for a long time. There's not much a person can do against this sort of thing, but I have a few suggestions to fix this.

Suggestion One
---Mayelia no longer applies full power (15%) to self-stuns, only 5% HP heal.
----Still really strong, especially against other opponents. However it won't keep a Dullahan from self-sustaining forever with it.

Suggestion Two
---Make Dullahans "interference" resistance only apply to the FP portion of Intereference.
----This makes it so that an interferenced Dullahan is still susceptible to being Interferenced, however it won't touch their FP. It still stops Dullahan's from getting screwed entirely. However it does stop them from being perma-stunned.
Quote:That would be fine, probably, but with an item you can craft you can make a Dullahan with all of these things, pretty much invulnerable in one-on-one.

> invulnerable
> watch Dullahans with Mayellas get out-damaged and lose all the time

If your build isn't fit to defeat a Dullahan with Mayella, then that's your bad and not because the combo is OP. -1
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
All the dullahan has to do is outlast their opponent's FP or durability which. Surprisingly, is very easy whenever you have retaliation and the like.

All I'm suggesting is Interference effect their Hp, or Mayelia get a smack for self-stunning.
(+1)
Don't forget the part where Mayelia behaves like Heavy Armor. They can still get BK passives wearing any kind of armor so here's it. 'Immune' to physical damage, poison AND able to regenerate 15% of 100% by just uh... wasting their FP! Yay--?

I'm agreeing with the Suggestion One, because an 'innocent armor' planned to be situational can pretty much be exploited by this race only.
(I mean, really, before Dullahan got the 'new stuff', they were ATLEAST vulnerable to physical hits for Mayelia being a Light Armor, and not mixing with BK passives.)

That's not even called 'self-harm' with so many benefits they gain for burning out FP, double points if they're spamming that Priest move that heals like 25% their max HP. S'up, free reset button?

I'd only agree with such feature if it was implemented a Slime race. THEY can regenerate like microbes in mating season, heavy suits of armor should deny damage, not regenerate like Majin Buu under sugar rush.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I have to point out that dulluhans using DH matador/retaliate can build to outlast their opponents until they can unleash a VERY powerful unavoidable dark physicial damage.

I would like to talk more about retaliate specifically, but that should be a new topic I believe.

Also, I only have access to my phone right now....
Mayelia is fine, just remove the sanctity scaling on interference and it'll be like before, all good, problems solved.
Dullahans are immortal machines according to Lore. I don't agree with this. The armor is pretty useless outside of Dullahans..
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
(-1) Mayelia is fine in my opinion. Kinda seems like a situational armor as well. Plus this ^
I had no issues taking down the Dullahan using the Mayelia armor by just using Basic Attacks and Auto Hits (Had like 500+HP/711).
Immortality and regeneration are two different things. Just because Dullahans don't age or get sick doesn't mean they should be passively recovering massive chunks of HP just from spamming their most costly attacks. If anything should be playing Berserker it should be a class, not a race that only has to slap on a certain armor item. I'm in favor of either of the proposed changes.

As a side note, Mayelia being "useless" does not justify it giving such a potent advantage to one particular race. If Mayelia is lacking then it would be better to revisit its effects, rather than claiming it's fine in a position where only one race would even consider it a viable option.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
"Zakizo" Wrote:Immortality and regeneration are two different things. Just because Dullahans don't age or get sick doesn't mean they should be passively recovering massive chunks of HP just from spamming their most costly attacks. If anything should be playing Berserker it should be a class, not a race that only has to slap on a certain armor item. I'm in favor of either of the proposed changes.

As a side note, Mayelia being "useless" does not justify it giving such a potent advantage to one particular race. If Mayelia is lacking then it would be better to revisit its effects, rather than claiming it's fine in a position where only one race would even consider it a viable option.

Then why do Mechanations benefit more from Upgrade and Repair?

Why does anything that is better/worse for certain races get incorporated?

All I see in this thread is salt against a build that can be easily countered by other builds. I don't see a good reason why Dullahans should have their most effective item nerfed just because certain people- I'd argue not even most people- can't outdamage a sustain build made around Mayelia.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]