Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crit weapons.
Maybe they could have lowered durability compared to other weapons, so they're more fragile and less suited for long fights.
That would be a great idea, except that most people don't end up using much durability when attacking with duelist skills..sidecut, power gradiation and all that jazz don't take up durability, only blade barrier and eviter really, which can be both worked around.

I'd almost go for a different solution, sidecut and sillcut and all those skills don't need to take weapon durability, considering how difficult weapon durability makes venturing into black doors for the long haul.
"Neus" Wrote:Maybe they could have lowered durability compared to other weapons, so they're more fragile and less suited for long fights.

This doesn't seem as horrible as a compromise, could work out.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
It will fix nothing about them really..
There wasn't much wrong with them to begin with, despite Wo-Dao probably standing to be brought down a bit.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Wo-dao needs to be brought down a bit yes, that's the least that could happen out of this thread.
Raise the rarity on crit weapons a bit. That will reduce rebelling's impact without leaving them as poor choices for those who don't have the resources to get Rebelling Spirits on earlier characters (I mean, the Wo Dao is the easiest Katana to get a hold of for new Kenseis, so nerfing the Wo Dao directly would just make it harder for characters without LEs under their belts.)

They're currently 2 stars, correct? Meaning +16 power from rebelling. Which is pretty crazy. If they were bumped up to 5 stars, for example, that would almost cut rebelling's bonus in half. And it doesn't screw up mutations since no one was mutating them anyways, and there's several equivalents, like the duodent or stinger.
*loud burp*
"Ranylyn" Wrote:Raise the rarity on crit weapons a bit. That will reduce rebelling's impact without leaving them as poor choices for those who don't have the resources to get Rebelling Spirits on earlier characters (I mean, the Wo Dao is the easiest Katana to get a hold of for new Kenseis, so nerfing the Wo Dao directly would just make it harder for characters without LEs under their belts.)

They're currently 2 stars, correct? Meaning +16 power from rebelling. Which is pretty crazy. If they were bumped up to 5 stars, for example, that would almost cut rebelling's bonus in half. And it doesn't screw up mutations since no one was mutating them anyways, and there's several equivalents, like the duodent or stinger.

Maybe a 1 or 2 star increase (to either 3* or 4*, -not- 5*), I could agree with as an alternative.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I realize this is a double post but I realized something a little later than I should have (how lowering the durability would affect them aside from having less actions before they break); this solution is also one I'd be willing to live with (surprise!).

I would say a slight nerf to Wo-Dao and a -5 Durability nerf to -all- Crit Weapons (this making them slightly worse for using with Eviter) would be a good start.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I actually have a good idea, this came across me just now..and one that I feel everyone can agree with.

There'd be no need to change the total scaling on these weapons or nerf their critical damage, because I realized these weapons make up low GUI by having high critical damage, most builds featuring a wo-dao or anything of the sort usually have 20-25 GUI..

So what if we changed the scaling on every single one of these weapons(barring stinger) scale a little bit off GUI, and not even that significant of a change, for example:

Wo-dao, changed from 70% STR, 30% SKI to 75% STR, 25% GUI
Knuckledusters, 80% STR, 25% GUI

I figure, by adding a 25% GUI scaling to each of these weapons, without changing their total scaling, this will reward players for building high GUI, but not be overwhelming by being the best choice for katanas/fists/spears respectively.

Any thoughts or arguments? I thought this'd be more fair to everyone.