Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Removal of Urawaza QTEs
I think it'd be nice if Urawaza simply increased the FP cost of affected skills by 50% in exchange for always giving the benefit. Quick time events should not dictate combat when the only feasible reason for failing is server lag that is beyond your control.
Yeah. Pretty much exactly this.
50% or a flat amount. But yeah.
This.
I like the qte's
QTE + Lag = Shit

+1
cant we fix the lag instead
Or. Hear me out here.

Urazawa makes the cost of the skill go up by X amount... but if you land the QTE.. you get that amount refunded?

Still makes QTEs useful, but the effects always go through with Urazawa active.
I like them. If people are having issues with lag, either client or server, they should be discussing those instead.
"Neus" Wrote:I like them. If people are having issues with lag, either client or server, they should be discussing those instead.

I would enjoy for the QTE to either be fully client-side and not needing a communication path with the server (which is when lag factors in heavily) or for a way for the timer to 'pause' when there's a lag spike between the server and client.

I'm not really sure how possible either of those options but this is somewhat an issue (either from inconvenient lag spikes, missed button taps, or complete DCs in middle of QTEs).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Just make it 3 inputs instead of 5.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
that might help