Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Void damage for void users.
Sooo, anything that resists Darkness can resist Void damage? What's this? Vampires resist Void better than Liches? Nooonsense!

Void should be pretty dangerous to be used, so why not 'make' it dangerous? That was my thought when I saw 'unprotected' (read: without anything to prevent Void Poisoning ICly) people casually flipping Void here and there without minding the consequences because 'lol this is rp and im god who dies when i want'.

So here's my rather short suggestion for it. Make a new type of Damage named 'Void', it will work like this:
Quote:-It ignores DEF/RES or any sorts of reduction, for behaving like Akashic damage. (Except for the specific reductions listed below, of course.)
-It deals 50% recoil Void damage whenever used by any race.
-It deals 45% recoil Void damage when used by Mechanations, Dullahans or Shaitans (maybe?), because of their uncommon/protected bodies.
-It deals 15% recoil Void damage when used by Liches, because of their natural resistance to it/lack of a real body.

How to 'combat' and counterplay it? (For both the recoil and protection)
Quote:-Nullstone Gauntlets and Voidwalker gain a new effect, reduces the Void damage taken by 25%
-Nullstone Necklace (new 10* item? quest/story item would be nice), reduces the Void damage taken by 25%
Here you go.

Small Edit:
Also, since injures are a thing to come, extended contact with Void damage may cause 'light Void Poisoning', that causes a 'ghetto' interference, reducing healings by 25%. Can be treated with Inanis Remedium. (A 'craft item' made from Void Shard + PR-Hi Potion in Alchemy. [Lv 6 required])

((If icons are needed, I will lift my sleeves to help in this one.))
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I like the idea. Would be nice to see Black Bolt and Detogate get this kind of damage.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Airide approves of this message

[Image: 3151f141bfe02437a96f6b47320cb9a8b5c8cf5e_hq.jpg]
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
+1 from me!
Also could scale it with Aptitude or Will.
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
Adjust 45% recoil damage for Mechanations/Dulls/Shaitans to something like 40% to 35% and you have me hooked. +1

Edit: And make different armor types give inherent resistances for the user, not the victim.

30%+ resistance for Heavy Armor
10%+ resistance for Light Armor
0%+ resistance for Unarmored

Edit x2: Scaling it with ACID ATK might be pretty awesome and finally give that stat utility, too.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
Void should have its own damage type yes.

I'm not sure if it should actually cause 50% damage back to its user, thats quite alot of damage.

using the void is akin to slowly getting cancer from working with dangerous materials, Its a thing to RP as time passes on, (my character uses the void enough that I rp having a coughing fit after long strenous fights.)

It'd be better to make using a void skill/spell take a % of the users current hp
1% for voidgates
10% for blackbolt/detogate
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Void should have its own damage type yes.

I'm not sure if it should actually cause 50% damage back to its user, thats quite alot of damage.
It's intended to be big, as for the user is wielding the void without protection. That's why if you're fighting/using void, you'd need to be clad in Nullstone equipment that I've also suggested.
It will not only reduce the recoil/damage (notice how I said 'reduce Void damage taken', works for the prepared enemy AND the prepared Void caster.), but also heavily cripple the chances to get 'injured' with void poisoning, because the damage will hopefully be small after a 75% Nullstone equipment damage reduction.

Andddd...

"Lolzytripd" Wrote:using the void is akin to slowly getting cancer from working with dangerous materials, Its a thing to RP as time passes on, (my character uses the void enough that I rp having a coughing fit after long strenous fights.)

It'd be better to make using a void skill/spell take a % of the users current hp
1% for voidgates
10% for blackbolt/detogate
I thought about it too, makes sense to lose a fixed amount of HP, though, and that's more a Ghost thing to 'use HP to damage'. Having Void to simply do recoil damage would make it a bit more unique, and that's my main goal. Give Void damage a 'trademark' effect.
"FiresTFS" Wrote:Also could scale it with Aptitude or Will.
"Egil" Wrote:Scaling it with ACID ATK might be pretty awesome and finally give that stat utility, too..

Also, for the scaling. I don't 'really' know if it should be a specific element dependent, since Void is not considered an element, as Akashic is. (This is going to be the keyword, people! Akashic/Null.)

Akashic is an unresistable damage that serves as Sigrogana's 'true' damage. A flat number that will never change. And that appears on Lich's racial skill and Moonlight Mercy's 'execute'. Null is an unresistable damage with the same purpose but only aplicable to Magic Gunner's shells.

What I had in mind for Void was:
You will still use Dark ATK, but you won't damage with 'Darkness'. You will damage with 'Void' instead, which has the sick effects I've suggested.
Though, like Egil said, we could implement a math of Acid ATK + Dark ATK to result in Void damage for Black Bolt and Detogate (And god knows what awaits us in the future class updates), who knows? That one is pretty creative too.
50% recoil damage is a bit much, bit too damn much. Thats kill myself in one turn in pve too damn much

Void isn't portrayed as an explosive force that deals INSTANT damage and sickness to its users. It instead slowly poisons them and eats away at their health slowly.

Perhaps everytime you use a void skill you get a stack of a void poisoning status, that deals rank based void damage per turn.

Using any void assassin skill other than Fray, cutthroat and veiloff should increase the void poisonings strength, Veiloff which puts your void essence collecting off would also now serve as a way to shrug off the void poisoning in return for off-lining most of the classes skills.

Also I don't think nullstone is the right material to counteract the void anyway.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Perhaps everytime you use a void skill you get a stack of a void poisoning status, that deals rank based void damage per turn.
Using any void assassin skill other than Fray, cutthroat and veiloff should increase the void poisonings strength, Veiloff which puts your void essence collecting off would also now serve as a way to shrug off the void poisoning in return for off-lining most of the classes skills.

That could also work, it would also give the 'poisoning' aspect. But that sounds a bit too specific too. Mostly because uhhh, there's no other way to use Void for now, rather than Void Assassin, and even then it's not really that vast and variant. (Only two spells and a ghetto Blink).
Maybe when we get another Void-based class, that could be implemented as a drawback in exchange for reducing drastically the recoil damage? (Or completely nullifying? Maybe, I'd be super down for it.)

Your idea is pretty neat, though what's pushing me into agreeing, but at the same time holding me back is the 'poison' aspect (again).
We already have Poison itself as a damage source. Meh. Sorry. :/