Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucky 777
Lucky Shell - 3 Duration / 103 LV

Lucky Shell currently has no cap. Meaning that the bonus shell effect can uh...

Simply just give you damage immunity to literally everything if you live long enough.

Can this get a cap at +20? The fact that it gives +20 Luc (and therefore +20 hit and +20 crit) is a tad much, but the fact that you can gain complete and utter damage immunity is something else entirely that makes multi-shot guns, who live long enough (or can simply unload enough shells into people), unkillable the longer the fight goes on.
No?
Mainly because Gunners are pretty much on the base of the balance pyramid, exactly as how Dev expected. They're useful for the shell effects, not the damage they can dish out. And that's what makes them uh... 'gunners'.

There are infinite ways to counter multi-shot, this is pretty much the 'only' use a Quickdraw has in this current meta (their scalings are shit), and even if you use, it's pretty nigh impossible to fight the 'counterplay' we already have to multi-hit stuff. (Bellplate + Fang-Faced Shield + Matador + Brighten = Death in round 1. Allahu Akbar viva Jihad.)

To achieve 3 attacks you need atleast Fleur in your skill pool, that means, the multi-shot gimmick is limited to MG/Duelist. (Soon to be Duelist/MG because #FleurNerfs)

A gunner's build automatically makes them squishy and dependent of secondary gimmicks to keep alive. In that match I had, it has gone up to round 8 to stack it up to 100. If my opponent didn't kill me in 8 rounds, that means they're bad, not because 'lol nerf stacks'.

PS: Guess what happens to the 103 stacks if you simply choose to Blink/Haunting away from this gunner for 2 rounds? Kek...
RIP my gimmick, I just spilled all my beans here. You happy?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I agree with snake on this subject
I won't add too much to this thread on account of the fact that I use this setup and would likely be biased. I will say, however, that it's almost trivial to deal with the situation you mentioned. If you realize you've let the fight drag on for far too long and they've gained an exorbitant amount of shell stacks, spending 2 rounds using all of your turn to run away will cause the buff to wear off if they can't catch you.

There's not much power left in multishot guns to gut as is, and you'd be hard pressed to find anyone use them in general, let alone this gimmick.
The gimmick is countered quite easily by general multishot counters, that being said, the gimmick can also counter multishot counters, given multishot's current state of being, that being is that they really don't do much damage at all, I'm inclined to say no? Mostly because its a gimmick, and can be fought against quite easily.
Running away won't save you from this hell, especially whenever they can cripple leg you to remove five movement from you.

Running away isn't really an option, especially due to the fact that movement in the newest update will be at an alltime LOW due to March and Initiative getting nerfed.

20 is plenty enough to make this relatively strong, whilst also still maintaining the "LUCKY" aspect of getting it. Also makes the shell more balanced over all so that you don't have to SOLELY go Duelist/MG for it.

If nothing else, I could agree to 33%, but allowing people to get +20 to a stat just for shooting, and also gaining a huge chance that.. damage.. just simply won't harm them is pretty bad. Yes, Matador counters this. Gunners can use Arcanic potion to negate it.

Bellplate + fangfaced require 2 (out of the 3 limit) 10 star items to be used properly, and while it's powerful, can easily be negated if the gunner themself simply counters this counter by using DH/MG and takes Matador (Since DH is actually great functionally with hitting multiple targets!). Single-shot gunners can't even use this 'gimmick' because the only bonus for rank of the shell is rounds it can stay active... but yeah.

Just getting this looked at in some way would be nice.
To comment, being a bit off topic, this thread is just turning into a huge salt-fest between the both of you, reaction images and memes seem immature in these types of threads.
Why I'm salty? Here:
This topic was made because I used it.

Lucky Shell and it's effects have been a thing since LAST YEAR AND A LITTLE MORE, so over an year. And nobody ever touched the subject at all.

Look at the HUGE time gap, and at how this could have been reported MUCH MUCH sooner if it was a big deal or even important enough to be a balance-breaking shit. (Remember how fast Crane Hop got shot down? THAT'S what I'm talking about.)

I'm not going to ever agree on nerfing something just because
A- "It can defeat my char."
B- "It's strong in anybody but me, so lol nerf."

Why has this been made exactly today, AND, after 'I' used it in PvP for the first time in my life, huh? Coincidence? I think not.

And back to topic, I'll deny again and one more time because it's not necessary at all. And Derg still doesn't get the part 'You need to be MG/Duelist' to use it. (Which leads you to be really vulnerable to this 'Be Soldier/Hexer/MA or die' meta. How is this even OP?)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
While it's top kek for this gimmick to hit LV 100+, it will only truly matter in non-event PvE fights. Between the counters to multishot guns, as well as the incredible offensive powers that can decimate such a build before they can get off the ground, this effect is well-checked as it currently stands.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
This is literally a non-issue. No competent MG runs Lucky Shell ever. It's utility is outshined by nearly every other shell, unless you purposefully don't softcap LUC and build around the damage boost- which would give up immense versatility... which is necessary if someone counters your Lucky Shell build and you can't use any of the other ones effectively....................

tl;dr salt thread. there's no issue.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]