Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clipped Wings
So, I've been playing Corbie for a good long while and I have found a persistent issue, from both before and after the GR's revamp of racials. Gain Air's 1m cost, which is fair at first glance. However... Due to how momentum is gained from criticals and weaknesses, you cannot benefit from being Airborne without losing out being restricted two actions as that one momentum being going negates Fluer, tactician benefits, and any bonus M you get (outside of something crazy like Soul Rage) by taking away juuust enough. Can we do something about this...? Whatever benefits you get from Corbie airborne is not worth giving up an extra action, even with a crazy amount of Sanctity, it's just not as good as hitting an extra time. I'll eat cinder tiles and take the less than insane accuracy/damage so I can hit for 200% damage.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
What are you asking? For them to get it for 0M?
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
0M, persisting through End Turn/Skip, something. I don't have a ton of ideas for this.
Simply put, aerial attacker's benefits are really good, 1m is available to hit a resist on if you have a secondary weapon to critically strike with, 1m is a fine cost for the skill, any less would be a bit too much, given stuff like Wazabane, winged serpent, axe kick and the such already having immense benefit from gain air as a whole.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Let's.. not make corbies anymore OP than they already are.

No seriously, they're probably one of, if not THE best Kaelen right now.
Again, I fall in-line with Spo and Rendar on this one. Sorry; I was just asking for clarification.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I find that hard to believe... I've been ranking them around B tier under Vampires, Felidae, Leporidae, and even Lupines... The Aerial Attacker stuff is NOT good, it doesn't help, it hurts in a lot of (near all) circumstances. Winged Serpent and Axe kick are certainly strong, but that's really niche crap. Besides, Leaping Lizard is a thing for Axe Kick. If you're scumming it up with Axe Kick and Winged serpent, you don't need to be a Corbie, that's just gravy. You can LL someone in the face, kick their shit in, and fly away like an asshole as they get up and (usually) take 3m to do so. Gaining ground on someone with Winged Serpent certainly has merit but...

In battle, while you are Airborne, you gain Hit equal to 5 + your scaled SAN, and a bonus to Power equal to 1 + 20% of your scaled SAN.

Straight from the wiki, I double checked to review the strength. With 50 scaled sanctity, that's +55 hit and +6 power. That's fair. Useful if you pair it with Wazabane or something to get that needed hit to nail the [strike]fucking[/strike] Fortune Wind dodge whore, though I'll still take just hitting something twice, or even just grounded double Wazabane.

Edit: I just want to understand here, I can wrap my head around numbers pretty well.
Here's a bit of insight.

I am 95% certain using Axekick knocks you out of being airborne. Which means if you want to Leaping Lizard > axe kick > Winged Serpent, you're required to be a corbie without spending extra momentum. You don't seem to grasp the sheer power that Corbies have as a whole. A lot of auto-attack builds get bonuses for being airborne for certain things. And, if you can simply gain air for 1M, and then promptly keep your airborne status, you can chain together more things that abuse your airborne status.

Gain Air is, quite literally, burn up. Except without hurting others/yourself. Why is this a good thing? It makes Corbies save up on an accessory slot. What else does a corbie get for being airborne? Well they get 5 + your scaled SAN, and a bonus to Power equal to 1 + 20% of your scaled SAN for being airborne.

What's that mean for people that do basic attacks (as well as auto-hits against evaders)? It means that you, very likely, will never miss. I don't ever want to see this race buffed, especially for something as free as a ZERO momentum way to take to the skies. The only way I could see this being a thing is if their airborne status, until they used something like "LAND" (new skill for them)... never ended. This means that it persists through other character's turns, and even when you end turn. Making them a prime target for AERIAL SHOT (Archer Special attack or whatever)... and for other people that go airborne to smack you around for being airborne.

Also, not to mention that at 50 scaled sanctity.. Corbies just flat out get +30 hit from GOlden eyes, and blind immunity. They get +85 hit for going airborne.... That's the equivalent of 42.5 SKI... scaled. This is absolutely bonkers.

Tl;dr Corbies have Stay afloat, which makes airborne BS easier to pull off
Corbies get +SAN-20 hit from golden eyes and SAN+5 hit when airborne. They'll never miss.
Corbies are blind immune.
Corbies are trap/ice tile/pretty much every field hazard, immune.
Corbies are kinda really friggin OP.
I will note, aerial attacker's power is bugged, I forgot to mention that, I believe it still adds hit but not power to attacks.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Forgot entirely about the golden eyes, threw it out subconsciously as a 'Not special to corbies' thing. But yes I was very leery about even suggesting 0M, and increasing it would just make things worse. Making it persist through turns is the only thing I could think of either, and yeah, it'd make the bow special attack really scary all of a sudden. And yeah I'm fully aware of the persistent airborne effect through skills.

I did just remember LL is getting nerfed to be subject to repeat action. And another note, I meant LL in combination with Body Climb, because really, who doesn't have Body Climb with LL. I suspect the answer is 'foolish people'. So, that LL->Axe Kick->->LL->Winged Serpent does not (till 1.61) costs only 5 or 6 momentum, depending on chimera stance. Though after the nerf it'll be 6 or 7.

Edit: @Spo: ... *sigh* I should have known, and would have, if I actually cared enough about aerial attacker to test it out.