Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Query on Spirits
So, since finding enough of them to prove whether or not they allow for +1 to the same skill is rather difficult, I figure it'd be easier to just ask about them. A few questions about them I'd ask--

1. Can you get another spirit that gives +1 to a skill you already have a +1 from another spirit for? If so...this shouldn't be a thing, ever. It'd create far too many issues.

2. Is it intended for skills to go past their maximum rank with these +1s? If it's just +1 tops, then that's not terrible, but for some skills it could prove overbearing (most DH stances, snake dancer, spell snatch, etc).

3. How does their spawning work? Are only a certain amount up at a time, do they repopulate every hour at random? It feels like there's only one or two around after the initial run through of the entire world. (it'd be super convenient if there were a way to spawn more for testing purposes).

4. What are the negative effects Black spirits can give for resisting a release attempt? I've failed 10~ or so times and I've yet to see anything other than 'the spirit resists your exorcism'.
"Trexmaster" Wrote:2. Is it intended for skills to go past their maximum rank with these +1s? If it's just +1 tops, then that's not terrible, but for some skills it could prove overbearing (most DH stances, snake dancer, spell snatch, etc).

2. I feel like if this were the case (given examples mentioned, I.E. DH Stances, Snake Dancer, etc.) then it's something that need to be fixed immediately. I would go far enough to say they should only apply to certain Skills to prevent heavy abuse.

I apologize for not addressing more than this but it's the only one I felt I could contribute past the OP on.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
1) You can't get duplicates of the same skill, no.
2) Yes.
3) They spawn at random locations every hour, about 1-3 I believe.
4) If you're playing with a race that can be cut, you'll get a cut wound. I could add other ones, as well, but since we're already running over a bit with this, I just decided to keep it simple. People can suggest more if they want to see more.