Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFKing Midbattle
"Snake" Wrote:Well. We DO have 3 new fighting modes now. But if we implement that, something will break. So maybe in a near future. (I'd be more down for an 'auto end-turn' preference than anything, anyways.)

But having your own personal timer settings (on preferences menu) like:

[ ] 2 seconds [ ] 120 seconds [ ] 240 seconds

would be neat'o.

There is an Auto-End Turn Preference already (you've more-than-likely seen me use it in battle before, Koonie). . . there are 3 new modes in the new GR????? Way to let that one slip past your radar, Diz. Q_Q
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I mean that's an even shorter time to wait than Esther's idea, Snake. To put middle grounds to the agreement, what about.

[ ] 10 Seconds [ ] 120 seconds [ ] 240 seconds?
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
"Exxy" Wrote:There is an Auto-End Turn Preference already (you've more-than-likely seen me use it in battle before, Koonie). . . there are 3 new modes in the new GR????? Way to let that one slip past your radar, Diz. Q_Q

What where--

And yeah. Spar mode, Serious mode and Training mode. (This one is prolly something else, and not related to PvP. I didn't get to poke with it either. Just happened to have a training dummy + experience drilling(forgotthename?) talent tree at max, while Raigen challenged me to PvP, and there it was. 'Serious' 'Spar' and 'Training'.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
And yes, I agree Fires.
10 seconds is a lot quicker than you think, especially when you account for lag or disconnections. I wouldn't go below 30 seconds for the lowest option.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
"Exxy" Wrote:10 seconds is a lot quicker than you think, especially when you account for lag or disconnections. I wouldn't go below 30 seconds for the lowest option.

We're thinking PvE here, not PvP.

Someone shouldn't PvP while under heavy lag, because that's optional and because losing on PvP holds no damage to your character like PvE does. And, frankly, fighting waves of monsters with someone AFK in your team eating 2 minutes per 'turn' blatantly sucks. Because Total Control sometimes decides to not play nice with the party leader and ignore trying to control the DC'd AFK guy. (And AFK people can also be away from keyboard in this case, not people who are lagging. Let's say someone who got to answer the nature calls and is taking their time in the bathroom.)

And also, with a 10 seconds count for the AFK people, grinding as a low level with higher level people will be insanely smoother for obvious reasons. (And using the 10 seconds box would be suggested if you are in a party, while the usual 2 minutes for when you're going solo, or PvPing.)

And also², it's optional. One can choose if they want to be 10 sec, or 2 minutes, d00d. That's why a Preferences option.

And also³, I still didn't find the auto end-turn button. (If you tried to troll me, gj, I fell for it ;--Wink And on my previous suggestion, it was at one that ends your turn when it starts and you don't take any actions, or one that doesn't require you to be choosing 'End Turn' on the battle HUD as it's doing automatically.
I had the same 30-Second timer idea, Exxy. But a lot of people are sort of not agreeing to it, how about twenty? To like, satisfy both sides. (okay, kunai?)

A misunderstanding to Snake's also^3 thing has lead me to another idea. HOW ABOUT:

An actual auto end turn option in preferences that you can enable if you're in a party and about to AFK or something. That ends your turn every 2 seconds? Totally ideal for noob grinding. But I mean it'd make things completely EZ if you're new and have an OOC friend in the game.
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
That's what I suggested, yes. But this may be overlooked by Dev because of the length of this thread.