Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Music Not So Custom
Occasionally, a player's Marching Band song seems to be considered as 'default music' as it pertains to the Preferences setting 'Music: Custom Only.' By which I mean, even when set to 'Custom Only,' many battles are devoid of any music whatsoever. Over 50% of them, in fact, even while partying with a player who has set their marching band to Override On.
Please retest this in the next update. I have also added player debug information that may be helpful, so if you experience this issue again, test more thoroughly with player debug on and give me what it says.
I'll let you know what I find out.
As of the latest update, custom battle music is still not playing about 75% of the time, despite the "Custom Only" setting selected in Preferences and the Override On setting selected in the marching band dialogue.
Did you try with the new debug messages he added?
There are no debug messages and no tab to find them.

EDIT: Apparently there is a tab. Re-testing.

EDIT 2: Out of battle, using "Play Song for Party" only plays custom music if the Music preference is set to "On." Setting it to "Custom Only" causes it not to play. Debug tab is empty.

In battle, debug tab remains empty. Out of two battles so far, the first one had custom music, and the second did not. Continuing.

EDIT 3: Next five battles, no music. Debug tab still empty.
With a marching band, in my debug messages I get:

First fight (Marching band works correctly)
Code:
Debug: Custom music debug: 0, 0, 1

Second fight (Marching band does not work)
Code:
Debug: Custom music debug: 0, 0, 1

My override doesn't seem to be playing the normal battle music at all, or any music for that matter on the 2nd and preceding fights.

I think this has something to do with the victory screen music somehow? I don't know yet but I just know that doesn't play with custom music only set to on.

Also my override is on as well.
The issue of the manual song play not being heard by custom only preference users has been corrected.

As far as the battle issue, if it still occurs, I need more information (party members? versus monsters or players? are you sure the debug output is correct?) and maybe a character key/slot file and a method (ie, fight in the arena with them, or engage a walking monster with them) that I can reproduce the issue reliably with.
It still occurs, whether using a marching band myself or with someone else. Whether the marching band is in my inventory or theirs. The debug output is, and has always been, completely devoid of any and all text -- my Debug tab is permanently blank and has always been that way, no matter what I'm doing.

All fights have the problem, regardless of how they're initiated. PvP, PvE, jammer cave randoms, non-jammer cave monsters, arena, story bosses, black beasts... they all have the problem.
You need to turn on the player debug first.