Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capture and Restrain
That would be overkill, Sly. I'd like to think Skills, Spells and *insert name for talent-related skills* would be fine as far as selections go (and keeping the ability to re-arrange them how one sees fit; this would be horrible adjustment to quality-of-life, only way I could see it passable is if it somehow cuts down on would-be bugs (purely said as an example, not saying there are any I know of relating to this)).

Maybe list them as "Specials" and possibly relocate Racials into them? Idk.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I think perhaps three menus on the root battle menu is the best way to go about this:

"Class Skills," where all active skills gained by spending Skill Points in a class reside
~Hanging, Retreating Swipe, etc.

"General Skills," where all active skills gained by being a member of a certain race, by spending a Trait Point or a Subpath Point, or by equipping an item or a set bonus, reside -- ~except~ the ones that currently display on the root battle menu.
~Kick, Guard, Capture, Restrain, Banquet, Gain Air, Black Rend, Life Drain, Essence Blast, etc., but ~not~ Skip, Sub-Attack, or Maneuver: Special Attack

and "Passive Skills," where all passive skills reside, regardless of source, so that you can read the text thereof during battle.
~Sanguine Crest, Golden Eyes, Yomidori, Evasion, Stalemate, etc.

Bonus points if we can have the ability to re-arrange skills in battle, by dragging them up and down in their in-battle list.