Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teleporting naked guys. [Gamebreaking framerate bug.]
The game re-breaks into 4-step-teleport framerate that can only be fixed with a daemon reboot, in approximately *insert the time of
Adjusted - Before saving a house file, the game will, at the first save of the day, create a temporary backup file of that file. (This is mainly a temporary preventation measure to help deal with any houses that fail to save and load properly, while I investigate the cause.)
here* or roughly 40-60 and a little more minutes after Dream Daemon starts.

PS: It might be that what's causing this. Might. I can't know if that's the cause because the game doesn't alert when they're saving the houses. And what's funny is that at the Beta Server, while you were hosting. We /never/ had this going on.
If that's not it, then someone must be doing something that causes the game to behave like this.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
In addition and aside the teleporting effect we get in game while walking medium distances, we also know this 'bug' is happening when the loading menu's response becomes braindead-worth.

example: [Image: 7f96c68accb34bbb881fedfbdaf30a8e.png]

Feels like the game can't keep up with us. Thus the 'lag' effect.
Although as seen in the hosted Beta server, All those delay issues weren't present at all. Knowing the beta uses another host but same save files (In a way.), it may actually be a problem with the host's console itself. But seriously the developer should take his time to look into this.

P.S: Seems the Dream Seeker has stopped working issue is actually linked to this. Because it was all fine for me with reconnecting and scrolling into the talent/class/stat tabs until the delay returned. So it's not a BYOND issue like the Developer thought.
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
A few people maybe losing house layouts, while unfortunate, are not worth the whole playerbase's ability to enjoy the game. Please stop saving every house ever. Half of them belong to people who quit, anyway.
This is a bug report thread, if you guys have no discoveries or ways to add more information to the report, don't post. Please.
It's definitely a BYOND issue, I've already detailed it in a bug report on the BYOND forums.

I'll turn this off for the bug fix version and see if it helps but honestly I doubt it will.
So far so good, Server's been up a while and no flash-stepping has occurred, I hope you can find the cause so we can all be happy.

Oh and sorry for the complaints before-hand.
I'm a hero, found the issue, lol. Guess it was the temporary backups in the end. Now that they're turned off we can rest assured the server won't goof on us C:
*marks as solved*
"Snake" Wrote:I'm a hero, found the issue, lol. Guess it was the temporary backups in the end. Now that they're turned off we can rest assured the server won't goof on us C:
*marks as solved*

Don't mark this as solved plz, Server is back to being stupidly laggy.
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
"FiresTFS" Wrote:
"Snake" Wrote:I'm a hero, found the issue, lol. Guess it was the temporary backups in the end. Now that they're turned off we can rest assured the server won't goof on us C:
*marks as solved*

Don't mark this as solved plz, Server is back to being stupidly laggy.

http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...580#p17580

This has already been reported again.