Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic attack tax
Prefix I have no decent ideas to fix what I percieve as the issue here.

Currently for a character to be good with basic attacking with their weapon they have to

put 40-50 in the weapons scaling stats, which could be anything. ( if its strength, just cry this stats useless except for being a junk hoarder)

They then have to put 40+ in the skill stat if they actually want to hit anything

They then have to put 40+ in luc if they want to crit reliably

They then have to put 30-40 in guile for their crits to be worth it.

if your weapons did not scale on luc, guile or skill, you've probably strained yourself thin making this build work, leaving little room for defensive stats.

Meanwhile for people who use auto hits, they don't have to pay skill tax, they don't have to pay crit tax, or crit damage tax, They just grab their weapon scaling stats and defensive stats.
Auto Hit builds are largely subject to 'FP tax'. There is also a greater need for Skill Slots as an autohit user, which requires SKI/WIL/GUI to get bolstered on; you still need 10+ SKI for Tactician; and there is also any kind of Elemental ATK that your build requires. Additionally, unlike most basic attack builds, auto hit builds are based more on the skills they plan to use, rather than what enables accuracy/critical rolls to succeed.

Let me put it this way: Stat building for basic attacks has less elbow room, but gives more leeway with where the build goes. Conversely, building for autohits gives you greater flexibility with stats, but is harder to adjust without requiring a Fruit of Fluidity.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye