Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blowing up Balance
bombs are not used , at all , in any sense
8-16 damage +25 from engineer, is useless

Instead if bombs scaled on character level, and recieved a bonus based on guile, bombs may in fact be used

my ideal balance of character level scaling and guile bonus would be

2-5 dmg x character level + 100% guile as damage vs resistance or def depending on the domb.

this at 60 would have bombs doing at max 120/180/240 damage +guile+25 from engineer vs phys or magic dr.

Evasion would also be proccable against this.
Are you saying bombs should be doing upwards to 300 damage? Try half that and it'd be fine, somewhere in 150 range is fine.
okay so 1/2 character level instead

60/90/120 +guile and engineer bonuses?
Sounds good.
I don't see why not.

Burning your soles on cinders causes lethal half-death damage, but a bomb to the face does 10 damage? Wot. Buff bombs please.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
bumping this

Add 100% guile scaling to bombs and a random 1-3x character level added to the damage.
I thought someone already discussed that'd be a bad idea, considering what bombs are they need to be kept to relatively low scalings or things get out of control.
a 100% guile scaling is a max 50-60ish damage bonus due to diminishing returns.

with 1-3 times character level being added its at max damage 100-200ish damage, BEFORE elemental resist, BEFORE physical or magical res and armor.

where average health is 500-1000
It doesn't go vs armor or phys/mag resist, they're unresistable.
alright then if they are unresistable 75% guile + 1-2*character level, they still cost 3m to use

its of my opinion bombs if they cost 3m should atleast do 150 damage in the games current state of balance.