Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyattr Firebreath
Let's face it. This isn't even usable with high sanctity.

Almost everyone has some form of fire resistance nowadays, and currently the only way to get around it (to my knowledge) currently is through Null Shell (requiring a specific class). With the changes to defense and resistance, a measly 80 before reductions (assuming you have 50 scaled sanctity, which is considerable amount of your point distribution) damage for 50 FP is utterly ridiculous.

I am aware of the benefits of Channel Magic and Channel Destruction with sanctity, yes, but that shouldn't excuse making fire breath--a major role-play skill for Hyattr--utterly useless.

My suggestion is adding 2% FIRE ATK per scaled SAN to the damage formula, rounding out at about 50 SAN for 100% FIRE ATK.

Now, with about 50 scaled STR and 50 scaled SAN, that'd be about 130 points of fire damage initially. Add in Pyromancy and the accessory, at max, that's only about 140 damage, as you've already hit diminishing returns to reach this point. I'd say about 10-20% of this damage would be a fair cinder tile damage, hovering around 13/26 - 14/28 damage per round or 13/26 - 14/28 per tile before reductions (assuming Scorch from Pyromancy applies to this, else more for essentially a 6M attack, and it's still a tiny amount compared to current other cinder tiles).

But with this damage, still, this is before any mitigations. Say the average person has about 30 Resistance and 5-10 MR. Following reductions, the damage is still sub-100 in the values. Then we could also count in other damage reduction perks that are fairly common (looking at you Evasion, Wraithguard and easily-accessible fire resistance items. Hell, possibly even Eviter given how it's working with spells cast by someone wielding a melee weapon). Or countered completely by one item (Red Letter), which not every Hyattr will carry the counter-measure to (Nihilist/Razing Salamander). 50 FP is still too much. My suggestion is to reduce the FP cost of the ability based on scaled SAN, still, down to a minimum of 20-30 or so FP. (If you're not building SAN you're not going to use this anyways)

These changes would make the skill usable again. I will admit that there is a bit of drive to see this pushed through because I play a Hyattr as my main character, but I understand that Pre-GR fire-breath needed a nerf.] But at least with this, half of it is scaling off of a defensive stat and the other half is scaling off of an offensive stat that makes sense to add to its damage, rather than 'stack VIT and you can burn people to ashes'. This is still 90-100 points of your 210 stat pool, which is something to be considered as well, even with the additional bonuses you attain from sanctity.

If there's anything I missed or something you don't agree with, please let me know, and I'd be happy to respond to it. Thanks for reading!
Looks good! I'm up for anything that'll make a Hyattr's fire breath viable!
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Yeah, while Pre-GR Fire Breath did deserve the nerf it got, it carried over extremely poorly, its damage being beaten by just about any autohit in the game bar Grenade Launcher, and with the changes to Blazing Shinken, its cinders are outclassed by any soldier who picks up the appropriate elemental badge. (I'm almost positive its cinders don't deal 100% Fire ATK, otherwise it'd be almost okay)

Adding Fire ATK into the equation seems like a no-brainer. (either in the way OP suggested or some other % of Fire ATK).
I would personally go for this:

Fire Breath Damage = Fire ATK * (1+(SAN/20))
Fire Breath Cooldown = (SAN/10) Rounds, min. 1
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
@Chaos

That's also a viable alternative, giving it a higher damage capability in exchange for a longer cooldown. It'd be dealing 180 fire damage with the initial firebreath, but you wouldn't be able to use it again for 4 rounds with 40 sanctity.

My question is, however.. What would the cinder tiles do for damage, too? Would they be effected by Pyromancy as well? If so, the cinder tiles would probably need to keep their scaling separate from the ability's damage. Would 5-10% FIRE ATK/10 SAN be a fair amount for cinder tiles, especially considering the recent changes to Shinken and Mage/Evoker?
I agree with boosting Fire Breath in some way. Especially getting rid of the RIDICULOUS FP cost. Pls, muh Hyattrs.
Bump. And I want Chaos' one.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]