Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we have our portrait dimensions back?
It seems a bit redundant to shrink portrait dimensions while also adding a size limit to image uploads. Fitting images into the current dimensions is extremely painful (and already was at 275x400), and the dimensions of an image don't necessarily have to reflect file size. Even cutting the current file size limit in half while increasing the dimensions would be less painful (on both us and the server), because the almost non-existent loss of quality a site like tinypng causes is much, much preferred to the loss of quality from chopping off potentially important picture elements.

I would also like to request a method for us to invert our portrait image dimensions. With current dimensions that would mean choosing between a 235x400 box or a 400x235 box, and with restored dimensions 275x400 or 400x275. This would make it easier to use images that have more width than height, which there are many of. Your consideration is appreciated.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
Yeah, and if it was a wider picture, it would be above your appearance text and such instead of to the left.
"Stanley Funtime" Wrote:Yeah, and if it was a wider picture, it would be above your appearance text and such instead of to the left.
That'd actually be perfect!
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
Wider pictures, please! I support!
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
It'd be nicer to have bigger pictures, yeah. If it's manageable I'm for it.
In light of how amazingly well done some profiles are, it pains me to see the people forced into cropping their favorite pictures so poorly that they become a smushed mess of their former self. At the least I'd enjoy the canvas/portrait swap change suggested here.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I'm all for getting a larger profile picture. Like Raigen said, cropping images can be a right pain, especially due to the less than convenient sizing.
Please stop necroposting, people.
we'll stop when ya start dissin ideas you ain' likin'
Personally I'd rather add to old posts than to literally make the SAME THREAD 50 times over. Also at the least on the ideas you won't do just say no on them or lock them. Seems logical.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water