Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BAN-KAI!! [Flash step delay bug is back]
(Refer to http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...amp;t=3417)

And it's back, I can surely diagnose this as the 'same' thing that happened before.

This time I have ZERO ideas about what might be causing it, because of the lack of information on the new additions, or anything specific towards saving.

Did you turn the houses back-up save back on with an extended delay, perhaps? This time it took a while (around a day?) for the game to begin acting up.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
After hearing some issues people have had recently regarding homes I'm almost certain the house-double-save issue (or whatever specific thing it was that you changed, I assume it was this) worked it's way back in, under some iteration...
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Nope, and it was silly to think that was the issue.
A little off topic but I have to inquire, how is it silly to think that was the issue? As I recall the last time you turned off the double-backup of house files the lag stopped almost instantaneously after that, we all assumed it was just that so if it's not that..then it's not silly, it's just being misinformed.
[Image: 04855dbe06e74f44860ffd0b2d3dc0b3.png]

[strike]Problem solved again, we can spin, yay.[/strike]
Yeah no this isn't fixed still
Yeah, it was too good to be real.

So yeah, again. Server reboots, becomes K for an hour, then breaks into pieces. If this was really a byond bug, the issue would start with the game since the first boot, don't you think? But Lummox JR not answering the BYOND Bug Report really makes this way more stressing.

This may be probably 'asking too much', but can we get a debug text of all the game's savings/loadings/parallel events? Either that or you make one for yourself and come test it on live, like, stay online for a while until the game breaks again. Just to shove it back at Lummox JR's face if it's really game's bug or the engine's bug.

Tho, I still think one of the recent additions should be what's wrecking with the game.
What we know

-It's visual-only (and can be seen with the emoticons AND, more importantly, any movement in-game - this includes movement on any map, be it overworld, towns, instances, dungeons or battles); audio plays fine without any skip, clip or otherwise unintended effect.

-This is a recent issue. Meaning something Post-GR could be a more likely culprit than something from forever ago. But that doesn't necessitate looking over any would-be artifacts that could still be present from previous code you've probably entirely replaced with a GR update.

-We can't solve this without your cooperation and involvement. It's hard to make a report on a Byond forum (assuming it draws from Byond, which it wasn't an issue for most of the game's lifespan) when all we know is "Something is wrong, but we have no examples of the coding involved or the knowledge of where it -could- stem from in such."
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
It was after the story update and house saves, I'm thinking its one of those two things, after double house saving was disabled it was all fine, it was gone.
"Spoops" Wrote:It was after the story update and house saves, I'm thinking its one of those two things, after double house saving was disabled it was all fine, it was gone.

Considering how long has passed since the story update I think it's safe to say it's more likely to be the house backups. Granted it's probably still being played-out but not near to the degree when it was when first released.

Even if it's not house backups, this is an issue that needs to be looked into. Multiple people have expressed having this issue being present for them, not all of them having forum access to voice this fact (probably for the better given some reactions). It's also not a good thing for any new players, although it'd be wrong to chalk a game up to "does it "lag" or not," (lag being the only thing I can think of that's close to the effect this bug gives) it ultimately leaves a disheartening experience in their minds and can ruin a first impression.

EDIT: It could be worth even just checking the time for the animations (when you don't hold down a direction and let off to only move a few steps, most of the animation will go through).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy