Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BAN-KAI!! [Flash step delay bug is back]
It's not the house backups. The house backups haven't been enabled for several updates now. The idea that it's silly is because it has no logical basis behind it; it was a random guess that amounted to nothing.

I already made a BYOND bug report about this issue a month ago.

Quote: Server reboots, becomes K for an hour, then breaks into pieces.

Does it occur during reboots, or does it occur during normal server operation? People are very unclear of -when- this starts, and I've always assumed it's the former.
Okay dev, lets say the server reboots or is down, when it goes back up its fine lag free for about an hour.

after an hour or so of operation, Something is bricking up the games processing speed.

That something I suspect is active mobs, Infact there was notable lag after a reboot when I went around to every static dungeon, generated them, and generated a bunch of bdps.

The biggest offender is when you run down to the bottom of a bdp, skip the floors, grab the core.

Either a) the mobs eat cpu b) having so many mobs eats up ram to keep them all loaded in the world. C) all these generated dungeon maps might be memory leaking
After the server is restarted completely (IE, you or Scias have done so) then the lag disappears completely, and is good for a while, at least an hour or two before the flash-stepping occurs, and this will always occur even throughout reboots, and won't disappear until the server is completely restarted again.

Though, right now on the beta test I haven't seen much flash-stepping occuring, so maybe that did help quite a lot.