Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steel Aura!
Is it possible for steel aura to block on-critical hit effects as well beside on-hit effects? I believe on-crit should count as on-hit for the purposes of this skill.
I think it may be a bit much since they already have the +50 Crit Evade.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Kiiinda agree with Lina/Akame here. Black Knights have a lot already, I feel as if this would be too much.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Negation should be enough for anyone that's worried about criticals.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Negation is not really enough, I digress, but negation is another topic isn't it? Negation doesn't save your ass from thorn shooter or skullcaver for that matter.
Negation's +50 critical evade, when added with some LUCK and FAI provides a good defence against these sort of things. However, it may not do as much due to weapon crit and kensei and the like. It's a pain in the rear to balance around, simply because someone w/ LUCK + Boneheart + Negation + some FAI is nigh crit immune, or immune enough to lower it to 5-10%.

I'd be fine to see Negation getting a small buff, or just a small nerf to the crit formula (since it has a lot more in its favor than crit negation).
"Spoops" Wrote:Negation is not really enough, I digress, but negation is another topic isn't it? Negation doesn't save your ass from thorn shooter or skullcaver for that matter.
If you build for critical evade, you are capable of stopping everything associated with criticals. Honestly, if you aren't building critical evade, you shouldn't get a free pass on whatever nasty side-effects are automatically slapped on when a critical lands.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Quote:If you build for critical evade, you are capable of stopping everything associated with criticals.

[Image: d79520ffd2.png]
[Image: f1ab87d0b8.png]
[Image: 81ad337b04.png]
[Image: 4af1ab2be3.png]
[Image: 06f61fd6ef.png]
(considered fairly good critical evade, negation + boneheart +10 luc/fai)

Not pictured: Every other turn I was stunned by a skullcaver

Not trying to be aggressive here but let's face it, since the GR and DEF not giving critical evade anymore, the immortal black knights with barely any chink in their armor have been getting swamped in critical hits, and it's not the damage that's the issue with it, to take that many critical hits without healing and before dying is absolutely incredible, it's more so the effects of certain weapons that can completely cripple a black knight, being trumped in matchups they should really not be beat in.

An on critical should count as an on hit, as a critical hit is associated with the hit itself, which black knights dont have the luxury of avoiding. (usually)

So yes, I think giving some love to a skill that's not usually taken by black knights is a good step, as this thread is not about it stopping critical hits, but the critical hit effects such as Skullcaver's stun, hands of the giant knockdown, thornshooter's immobilize, etc.
Uh I don´t know what to tell you spo, but 97 isn´t really high, I mean even Shiva who is a crit whore has 80 Crit evade with a Boneheart aka she has 130 as BK. (She has no faith either)
As a critwhore she has:
102 base (Could be 15% higher when I min max for crit only via vorpal and other hilt)crit+30 attrait and +15 from lowering the enemies Crit evade aka 147% crit top in her normal set up. I don´t know, I don´t think a BK should be flat out immune to Crits(Or the crits weapon effect in this case), it´s hard enough to crit one if they really try to build against that, and then they even have incridible high DR´s should it crit.

I don´t think that should give them a free card against Weapons like Tarnada or what so ever. Not for just 15 FP.
And let's not forget that was an Axe, they get more crit because it's the theme of the weapon. Plus even more crit because Berserker Shell. They're the second weapons in this game with the highest crit probability/damage too.

The opponent was prepared to crit your char, you weren't prepared to evade the crits.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]