Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stabbed with a Staff
Currently some soldier autohits will always do a damage typing no matter what weapon you're using, while some of them will take your damage type

Chaser, Retreating swipe and Execute will all take your weapon's damage type, (be it, blunt, pierce or slash)

Is it possible for this to apply to Turnover(pierce), Thousand Stab(pierce), Incise(slash), Roundtrip(slash) and Mad Chop(slash)? For consistency sake with stuff like Reaver, or weapons with differing damage types.

And I guess injury sake too for the wound system, if we're going by logic. (Getting a stab wound for fighting somebody using a fist to turnover you would be kinda weird.)
It could be nice to have this feature implemented. Stabbing people with a staff is pretty... 'u wot m8' when the opponent loves to take everything seriously and decide to roll over bleeding to death for being flipped by a bamboo staff on a turnover.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I see no reason why not. +1
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
I support this but have some relevant complaints.
I think having a unique damage type per skill, even if it doesn't match your weapon is desirable, especially when people have resistances to a specific physical element.
The exact opposite could be argued, though; when people have resistance to pierce, your staff shouldn't be hitting that.
From a mechanics perspective I think it offers more opportunities vs resistances, but there really isn't that many people running those types of resistances, and from an IC perspective it makes a bit more sense, and well, it goes both ways when it comes to resistances, that person wearing full leather armor is probably wondering why they're taking a lot more damage than they should from someone mechanically using a fist or staff weapon.

I don't think there is a way to have both these features, is there? if not I'd prefer a consistent damage type for reaver/soldier abilities really.
Then why have bamboo-bo staff to do blunt damage? Make it pierce if you want the easiest way out then.
Bumping this sorta cause getting stab wounds from fists and clubs still exists, also there was no conclusion to this thread.
Plus, Retreating Swipe already does this, so why not? Make it do physical damage of your weapon's damage type too.