Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skullcaving The Brain
Skullcavers were brought down to 12% chance of stun on crit. I agree that it needed a nerf, but that's basically pulling the teeth out of a dog. Originally 24% would've been about a 1/4 chance, pretty bad, right? 12% is closer to a 1/10 chance, though.

Can I recommend raising it to at the very least 16%, if not 20% at most. 20% leaves a 1/5th, which isn't all that bad. 16% would be about 1/6.

If not raising the stun chance, at least make the scaling a bit better, to at least 100% scaling in total.

Thoughts?
UL/2 + 8 seems fair.
For compensation of the nerf, the scaling should go to at least 95% or 100%.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
You're right with one thing. The scaling.

Skullcaver had 'low' damage in exchange for the possibility to stun, which WAS pretty annoying for being a 1/4 chance on stun.

The stun problem has been taken care of, but what for? Now it doesn't do much damage AND lacks the possibility to stun.

So yeah, Skullcaver should be set to 90% STR. Without upgrades, it's pretty much the most lack-lusting Axe in existence. (Heck, it can't be rebelled for damage, so why the lack of scaling?) It lacks to accomplish the Axe's role of being 'deadly', damage wise.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
You can 2 hand it, it's got a stun proc, and it's got high critical damage because it's an axe, I disagree entirely.

And considering how strong of a status effect stun is, I'd rather see stun change, than up it's chance even more, stun is already a game-changing status effect, 1 in 5 is still not fair considering what it is, especially if you were to pair it up with knockdown, infact I'd compare it to a vorpal strike now, its a on-crit proc that could change a fight completely which essentially both have just about the same chance.

I suppose I could see it being raised to be about 85% STR or 90% STR though, but there's always weapons that need better scalings.
Agreed with Akame. I think the scaling should be adjusted a bit even if its stun chance doesn't change again, though.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Backing Akame up on her idea as well. Or in detail, Scaling adjusted to 90% ~ 95% STR and Stun Chance upped to UL/2 + 8.
[Image: unknown_-_Copy_2.png]
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
Either one or another, Fires. If both are implemented, the nerf on Skullcaver would've been pointless. And most of us are already inclined to increase the damage, sooo...
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Kay. I'm more concerned about the Stun Chance if anything, I don't seem to have a large problem with the scaling whatsoever ever since I got it.

We just have to wait it out for now.
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~
The main issue I have with making the stun chance any higher is that you are guaranteed to get two attacks with it per round, so in your example, a fully upgraded Skullcaver has a 20% chance per attack to stun, so essentially you have a 40% chance every round. That's a bit high for something like stun.
"Neus" Wrote:The main issue I have with making the stun chance any higher is that you are guaranteed to get two attacks with it per round, so in your example, a fully upgraded Skullcaver has a 20% chance per attack to stun, so essentially you have a 40% chance every round. That's a bit high for something like stun.

So why not balance it? Stun Chance = 12 is a bit too low (24 a round?) It's still a 10-star weapon. Either that or add a secondary effect to it and up the scaling a bit. A lot of other weapons are getting ahead of it. (See: Gigantys, Hands of the Giant, etc)
~ ~
3 G
r e
d n
~ ~