Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flash-step cure? [Salt-free topic]
http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=2125793
We all know BYOND developers are pretty damn lazy and uncaring about SL2's well being, and so far we know only one way to get 'it' fixed, right?

So.

Can we get a Dream Daemon reboot every 2-3 days instead of small daily reboots per X hours? The small daily reboots don't do a damn to fix it, and can't even fix lag by itself, so why not?

5 days is what takes for the game to 'break' into this already famous 'flash-stepping' bug aka 'Map Loading Oddities' or 'Big Dad Lag'
(yes, I do believe it's caused by latency at game, because the game is overloaded with some sort of self-made DDoS or whatever is the term, I'm no professional, just a commoner trying to help and solve this issue.
This is off-topic but I'd like to see some in-game CPU usage/Processes Executed per second in a percentage or whatever it takes to check if the game is or not leaking memory or overloading itself because of a certain defective process or 'loop' cause, on player-debug verb)
And the time range is being fairly consistent now. Since it's something we can't fix, then we should try to use this instead imo, but can an automated DD reboot even be implemented?

If so, please do. I don't think people will mind having longer saving/rebooting times (Hey, remember SL2 grew a lot with the new additions, we can't have nice easy things forever. *fingerguns*), if it is there for the just cause of preventing the game to go 'bork bork' on us.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Restarting the server completely seems to fix that problem temporarily for a few days, and keeps the community relatively happy, I think this is a good idea.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
If it isn't too much work for DJScias or the Dev, or whoever does it, then yes!
#SaveMartialArtists
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]