Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To(oth)meless Casting
So yeah in the current state of things your magic does half damage if you aren't holding a tome. Now in any sane situation this is a non-issue if your a mage just use a tome or other casting tool. But I would personally like it (The only reason I even realized this wasn't a thing is I am making an actual weaponless character) if we got 100% WIl scaling or something for casting Tooless no weapon power like bare fists just adds zero damage but you get some weapon scaling anyway. Because honestly I don't like that the universe now requires mages to have tomes to do damage with magic. (PRE GR tomes just added damage now they are a big part of the spell Damage formula)
1,000 Counts of 27.
I could see bare fist spells scaling on 80-100% WIL if it didn't work with MMA.
If this requires a trait that makes your character become a Fist Mage (see: use their 100% STR bare hands scaling if they're unarmed), I'll be okay with this.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I don't see letting martial artists use their bare fists for punching and use 100% will scaling as a casting stat

just have it be check "is main weapon slot empty" if yes 100% will scaling.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:just have it be check "is main weapon slot empty" if yes 100% will scaling.
Well make sure it checks if you have a Subweapon Tome. But other then that yes this is basically what I want.
1,000 Counts of 27.
Personally, I'd like it if this were a Trait where, if you have no casting tool, it would instead treat the Scaled Weapon ATK part of the formula as 100% WIL.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I would prefer if it worked like Sly's post, only it requires either your Weapon slot or your Hands slot to be empty. Otherwise, what we have are people with a sword, a spear, and still have spell scaling of 100% WIL because neither of those are tomes or spelledges.
I agree with Sly. Traits should have more love, because they're as meta as the pre-GR talents.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]