Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter's *cough*
[Image: b6bfe43e9379489bba15a2ba20003d64.png]

[strike]Needless to say, I think this is a little 'too' strong. It's an 'auto-inflict' that wipes the enemy clean of avoiding ice completely, for a cheap cost of 3M. And 'also' increases Ice damage to them, though it's not that much of a bother, so nevermind about this part. But I see more potential in this skill to make it more 'cool' (get it?) to be used.

So, what I have in mind are those. I'm going with the first, personally. Too bad it is the most time-consuming of those.

1- Leaving it like it is, but it applies the debuffs in order, so you need to keep biting the enemy to improve the debuff's level.
Example:
First bite -> Winter's Bite slapped in the enemy for 3 rounds, and then nullify Resistance. 10 extra flat Ice damage.
Second bite -> Refresh the debuff, then it starts nullifying Immunity. 15 extra flat Ice damage.
Third bite -> Refresh the debuff, then it starts nullifying Reflection. 20 extra flat Ice damage.
Fourth bite -> Refresh the debuff, then it starts nullifying Absorb. 25 extra flat Ice damage.
>Too many Ice-related debuffs for no FP/Momentum consumed. So let's make it cost more Momentum and FP to balance.

2- Leaving it like it is but making it only be used once per fight (like Pocket Sand) or adding a 6-8 round cooldown would be nice.
>Imo, the way it is rn, It's strong enough to be considered Pocket Sand-worth, but this is a little precipitated for a balance suggestion. Still the most simple to be implemented, though.

3- No major changes but removing the 'Absorb and Reflect' part to add more flat Ice damage (around 40, 10 per rank) would be nice.
>This is the one I like the most, because it makes Rapid Kick and Kicking-into-Ice Point viable after a certain set-up. But that may become troublesome if it meets with a QD. (But then, Circle Ring will be worth using to counter a Verglas, atleast.)[/strike]
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
None of these changes are necessary. I've used this skill religiously for over a year and a half as an ice mage, and it's far from overpowered. The damage it adds is essentially non-existent, since 5 per instance is nothing at all. Negating absorption is something Nihilist already does, and Nihilist doesn't take momentum. The real use of this skill is stripping ice resistance, and that functionality is the only thing keeping the Fox tree from being near useless (everything but expanding ice practically already is). Not to mention, the duration is relatively short, so the person applying it constantly loses out on momentum.

Verglas FP costs are so obscene that anyone with healing or Res will outlast your focus, unless a lich is involved. You can't throw on mountain boots, a scarf, and a cloak of many colors to instantly win, but I hardly think that's a bad thing.
True.

Closed.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]