Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protect
Soldier's skill Protect could use an update for post GR, since when is a flat -5 damage useful? It should be more of a percent or scale to level or something. It's currently only good at levels under 10.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Protect allows you to take damage for an adjacent ally IIRC, that's nothing small if used correctly.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Speaking of which, the only buff I forsee in the future for protect is one mentioned in this thread here (http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...ect#p15299), where in Dev referenced that it could redirect an attack and it's effects, instead of just the damage. (Pulling shot would pull the target protected instead for example), I think that should be implemented myself, and that'd give Protect just the extra buff it needs.
That, and it just makes sense. If you're taking an arrow for someone, the rope attached to that arrow is going to pull you because it hit you.
Would still like to do that change. What would help me do it faster is if I got a list of class skills that perform basic attacks and have some sort of follow-up effect.
Pulling shot, Snake Shot, Cripple Arm, Cripple Leg, L'au-dela, Repel, Geldoren, Cutthroat(and breakdown), blowback cannon, buster cannon, straight cannon, Ether invitation(claret call is consumed on your target instead of the protector), Ritual Sword, Phase Fang.

Those are all (if not, most) of the skills that protect will block the damage of, but not the effects.