Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Runner's expertise
With a 5-6 average for Classes that Felidae archetypes tend to play well with, on top an easy 6 Movement Bonus (up to 7 if you were to consider their bonus from Instinct interacting with their Movement bonus, granted they'd be near-death at it's most effective - which could still result in lolcat-runs-away shenanigans) they'd sit at a safe-to-say double movement range compared to most tanks (even triple given Black Knight's Base is 4 Move and typically can be expected to have low Cel; the Cats having 13 total Movement without the need of a passive buff (Western Wind) or a 1M a-turn +6 Move now while the Tin Can has 4 + Charge at most, which costs 3 Momentum?).

Another thought would be on how it would affect Thunder Hooves, since IIRC they recharge from physically moving.

Like I said, I'm not comfortable with the idea as of yet and think it could use more thought before just getting an "Okay" stamped on it.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I think felidae having great mobility is fair, and thunderhooves has way more going for it than charging by moving, but that's a thread on thunderhooves for the future, I think this could be a welcoming idea for building a bit more celerity on various builds, and it really only sets fast builds 2-3 more move higher than slower tankier builds.
I like Spooks' suggestion. Make it happen- (Please?)
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
As the player of a high-CEL character who already hits the Move cap of 15 tiles very, very easily, I feel like the ~cap~ should increase based on your CEL, not just your base movement.
I don't think adding more free Move is the best idea.
Move is at an all time low, everyone moves at a snail's pace past round 1 actually so I think it's a little more than free considering you'd add stat points into it, consider that.

But if that's what you really think then so be it.
I don't even play anymore and I know movement was annhilated during the great reckoning talent update.

You no longer get a free +1 from marching. Initiative lasts 1 round. Ranged attacks are at an all-time best.. because melee people can't get in range unless they're rogue, MA, or Soldier...

I'd really, really reconsider the thought, Dev. +1-2 movement won't be the end of the world, especially with how huge battle maps are. At most, most people would hit the +1 range. Aptitude + racial base + a few points, etc.

Wampires might hit +2, if they don't focus on it. (I know Uilosson MIGHT hit +2 due to vamp + apt + verglas).

It won't change that much but make the quality of life for melee people a bit better, and allow battles to progress a bit better for those who actually invested in the garbage stat known as celerity.
Post-round 0, Move is generally a lot lower than it used to be (for non-MAs), and CEL is in a pretty bad spot as is.

+3 Move for having 45 Scaled CEL is not overbearing in the slightest, and honestly seems like something that should've always been there.

This would somewhat help alleviate the logic problem of 10 CEL Soldiers (see: the class most doomwalls use) being able to consistently run faster than pure dodge fragile speedsters because they have Charge.

Move is capped, so it's not like you can even stack it to any sort of ridiculous degree, anyway.
Still think that CEL should increase the Move cap for a character, rather than just their base Move.
Still don't understand how people are trying to fight for this, even despite points raised previously and the fact it should definitely be thought out more before going "Yes" to.

It also seems no one remembers Western Wind, which is a Skill gives an upwards of 5 Movement range in ideal situations, for said "Speedsters" (granted it'd be a bit irrelevant to have a long-lasting buff if they're already pushing the cap on Movement).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy