Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There's a Storm Brewing... Oh, wait, Nevermind
If an enemy is standing diagonal of you, nothing happens to it when you use Orkam Drehen. It doesn't get any closer to a cardinal direction of you nor does it take any damage.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
There's a similar issue with Geist Schritt's followup activating, it won't move you to 1 range because you get stuck at a diagonal.

I reported it for the Whulf set's ranged kick (which also has the same problem) and got the "not a bug" spiel.
What existing 'move toward' effects behave in the way you're describing?
Orkam Drehen, Geist Schritt, Isendo, Isenshi, Advancing Flow, kick.
I meant the opposite; which ones move along a cardinal path.
Those are the skills that won't move someone from a 1 tile diagonal, i.e. the ones that need to be fixed.

But if you meant the skills that already function properly:
Quote:Spoops - Today at 11:46 AM
I know Pulling shot, forced move and whirlpool will eventually plop someone down right in front of you even at a diagonal
Geist Schritt uses the exact same proc as Forced Move and Pulling Shot, so are you sure about that one?
I can confirm Geist Schritt keeps you at a diagonal, but none of my characters have the other two.

Cyclone Spear is a pull I forgot about, but I don't know how that one functions, either.
I made an adjustment to the pull proc, which probably broke something else. It should fix the issue.
"Soapy" Wrote:I can confirm Geist Schritt keeps you at a diagonal, but none of my characters have the other two.

Cyclone Spear is a pull I forgot about, but I don't know how that one functions, either.

Cyclone Spear at its basic form pulls enemies within 5 range of the spear, one tile closer toward the tile where you placed the spear. It considers diagonal pulls to be 1 tile.

As far as I know, the only Elemental Impact which affects the pull is Raging (Talvyd), which increases the pull to 3 tiles. It still considers diagonal pulls to be 1 tile, successfully pulling a monster along a diagonal between two butterfly illusions, then two more tiles to the exact place I put the spear. If the butterfly illusions are absent, it still seems to make the diagonal pull, reaching the same final location.