Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please, please, ~please~ kill the Astral Belt overlay while out of combat!
There are some you wouldn't want to get rid of, like prayer statuses.
Prayer statuses aren't exactly difficult to apply again, as it can be done outside of combat.
I'm not really fond of the idea of the inn wiping buffs since there's a few buffs I can think of that would be inconvenient to wipe. (Food buffs, Hikari's Blessing, Prayer buffs, etc.)

That said, the effects can be visually annoying when you're outside of battle. And of course, you don't want people to start off PvP fights with Excel Charges, Astral Belt or Ice Point Guard.

I believe there was a suggestion for an option or at least one of the PvP modes (spar or serious) to get rid of pre-battle buffs like the above three examples. If we had that, I think there'd be no problem if Astral Belt and Ice Point Guard were only visible during battles.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I could see inns removing everything but food/prayer/blessings, but that's not really the point of the thread - getting rid of out of combat overlays is.
"Slydria" Wrote:I'm not really fond of the idea of the inn wiping buffs since there's a few buffs I can think of that would be inconvenient to wipe. (Food buffs, Hikari's Blessing, Prayer buffs, etc.)

That said, the effects can be visually annoying when you're outside of battle. And of course, you don't want people to start off PvP fights with Excel Charges, Astral Belt or Ice Point Guard.

I believe there was a suggestion for an option or at least one of the PvP modes (spar or serious) to get rid of pre-battle buffs like the above three examples. If we had that, I think there'd be no problem if Astral Belt and Ice Point Guard were only visible during battles.

I'm not sure having a PvP option by itself would be a fix. People might not consider to select the option out of habit or because they don't see any buffs on the opponent.

I could see the inn stripping buffs with exceptions (food wouldn't matter because that's applied at the start of battles), or perhaps being able to click effect boxes outside of battle to dismiss them (assuming they are positive, of course).
"Neus" Wrote:or perhaps being able to click effect boxes outside of battle to dismiss them (assuming they are positive, of course).

I like this idea the most, if it can be implemented.
Please give it a "Are you sure you want to get rid of this buff?" prompt to help prevent any accidents while we're talking about clickable effect boxes.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Sounds good to me; I've played a lot of games where you can dispel your own positive status at will (Such as one from a source you can't overwrite since it's stronger than your own, similar buff, but is close to ending and you want to refresh it while you're not in immediate danger) and honestly it's always been kind of a bummer that SL2 doesn't have something similar. (Not like it'd matter a lot in my case, since in my case, it very often had to do with the level of Poison on a Wyverntouched, which couldn't be removed this way anyways.)
*loud burp*