Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geist Schritt
I think that just slapping a cooldown on all three and calling it a day will remove any pretense of mind games. Making them cojoined.... you might as well just throw them all into one awful-but-necessary skill.

What about making the Geist Schritts that can negate a basic/non-basic attack go into a 2-Round Cooldown when their secondary effects trigger?
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Any system that enforces a cooldown on Eins and Zwei is necessary. I'd opt for a combination of what you suggested and what I did, where Zwei and Eins both share a 2 turn cooldown when one of them is used, but Drei is left alone. There's far too many scenarios where people can't break through one of the Geist Schritt variants, so opting to play defensively and fight back every other turn should at least be an option for someone who is unfortunate enough to fall into that category.
"Kameron8" Wrote:To expand on what I meant:

There are a lot of situations where people aren't able to mix up their attack game. Most, if not all of their damage will fall under a single iteration of Geist Schritt. Whether or not that's the fault of the attacker for putting all of their eggs in one basket is debatable -- however, once you also include the fact that Geist Schritt moves the Boxer away from the enemy, and then back into melee range if triggered, it becomes a little murkier. Almost every skill that allows you to attack from range and/or close a gap falls under Geist Schritt Zwei's negation. Hanging, Heaven Kick, Couloir, Shukichi + Geldoren/Light Tomahawk, Orkam Drehen, Forced Move, all find themselves blocked by this. Some ranged skills that aren't basic attacks with a bow or gun will get around Geist Schritt, but won't remove the status since it isn't a basic attack. Without these to spam, you're in bad shape.

To be more concise, it's very difficult to play against someone who uses this skill every turn when you're not one of the lucky few who have a build that splits autohits and basic attacks. Even -if- you decide to walk up and basic attack the boxer who dashed away, you just washed on momentum spent with the guy who set the counter up, and unless you use fleur, that's your entire turn. So in the event you can't damage race Felhook each turn with a normal basic attack, you're shit out of luck. Trying to power through the severe disadvantage to your action economy (4m to 7m, with very few exceptions if you just try to burn through it) is nearly impossible. The most relatable way I can describe this is if Snatch Spell refunded momentum on a steal.

A 2 round cooldown will keep the skill as powerful as it is now against people who can't fight against it. However, because it can't be used every turn, this opens up a way for people to fight back if they do fall into that category. Put up your defensive buffs, heal, back off, do something that isn't wasting your turn and fueling the Dark Storm machine standing 3 tiles away from you. This in turn opens up even more strategy: they keep healing when you Geist Schritt, but this time it was Drei. I hope that answers the question.

A bit late, but I think this summed up the reason. This is needed perfectly. Cobra was a problem for a long time due to how easy it was to trigger at -least- one of its dodges.

I don't see how a Cooldown on a >successful< evasion would cripple this set of skills.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
"Kameron8" Wrote:I'd opt for a combination of what you suggested and what I did, where Zwei and Eins both share a 2 turn cooldown when one of them is used, but Drei is left alone.
This sounds perfect to me.
Agreed.

*runs away to do a bad makeup job and wear a blonde wig. comes running back*

Leave Drei alone!
*loud burp*
Well, sure. I agree with Kameron on the cooldown part. As long as the only skill that guarantees the enemy won't just 'kek' while running away from a class that can't move is left alone.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I think this makes a good compromise. I'd be down to try Kameron's idea.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]