Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Discussion] Lupine's Instinct and Willpower
After a recently added change to Sanguine Crest, I wanted to test the water by asking for the Lupine's WIL bonus gained from Instinct to be accounted for outside of Combat as well (so they can actually make use of the bonus FP from it).

The main reasoning behind this are the typical issues that arise:

-You have to account for a sudden drop in percentage of FP (as it gets raised by a flat 50 if you're sitting at 40 SAN) later in a fight against a Greenscale user, when the both of you have sizeable chunks of HP and FP missing, who gets increasingly buffed by the fact.

- As is, it's a 'token' buff. This being said in the sense that it only activates after battle begins and serves no actual purpose.

The trade-off I can see happening, if others feel like it's too much, is for only the (SAN/10)+1 bonus to WIL to become a static fixture and for the doubling effect to be removed from the equation entirely. Speaking personally, this is probably the option I feel is a bit more reasonable.

Or conversely, if it's deemed appropriate, to just have the 2((SAN/10)1) bonus be active outside of battle as well.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I don't think I like the idea to be honest, for vampires its okay because they just get those stats anyway (and lose them when they silvermist), for lupines they have to lose the HP first, which is just reaping the benefits before they're even ready, if it's greenscale that's an issue, perhaps a thread for greenscale to ignore bonus FP is a better alternative to this, apply bandaid directly to wound instead of your entire body.
I'm trying to treat the illness; not the symptoms. Even if you disregard Greenscale's involvement you don't do anything for the "bonus" FP you "gain" from it as-of currently, due to it modifying the cap long after the fight begins and being nothing you can actually use or benefit from (again, going back to the point where I referred to it as a "token buff".

I suggested for WIL to be changed to something more fitting in my Lupine Redux thread a fair while back with no attention given to that specific point I made in the thread; so when a similar problem for Vampires was handled I thought it may be fitting to see if it could be a viable alternative for Lupines that invest into SAN (as that's what this hinges on).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Perhaps have when the instinct triggers give some fp aswell?
[strike]The Lupine Instinct gives a bonus to Str, Wil, Def and Res at 50% HP and doubles at 25%.[/strike]

EDIT: I don't even know how I misread that. Something something sleep is needed? q_q
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I think he refers to the FP ratio, making it so that instinct regenerates 50% of your SAN as FP when instinct kicks in would more than likely solve the FP issue with greenscale.
That sounds like a neat mechanic to play around with. Recovering FP as you gain bonus maximum FP, I mean.

We may need to make adjustments in the future, but it's a fun idea.
*loud burp*
I could see that being a viable alternative to what I suggested (after re-reading that). Tempted to go with what Lolzy mentioned instead.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy