Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lock and Key
So, I had to register specifically for this bug report out of intense jimmie rustling and aggravation.

The quest, "Lock and Key"
[Image: guycbnG.png]

After obtaining the key prior to speaking with the npc, alongside a party member who also was doing the quest -- we arrived to this npc and I couldn't do anything with him past the initial obtaining of the quest. Granted, we got the key first.
She said it worked for her, and if any party member did the quest it would work for everyone in the party. But my quest had not updated even if she said hers did, and I was the party leader.

I attempted countless times with his dialogue to fix it, multiple relogs and so forth. She told me to go to the town he listed, so we did and I found him there, however speaking to him accomplished nothing nor did relogs, and my quest had still not updated to free him.

I returned back to the cells, party-less and in a party both, tried several more relogs and more times of speaking to him. However, now he cannot be spoken to at all and is now walk through able (don't know if he was prior, but that now happens.) He's still here, yet I cannot speak to him anymore and my quest still looks like what it says up there. My quest is NOT completed.

Tl;dr Idk what to do to fix this and I'm pretty confident it's a bug and ; - ;
[strike]FREE VARON!!!![/strike]

Thank you for posting this, it means a pretty decent bit that you went out of your way to make a forum account just for this. And to be honest I thought someone else already had previously (95% sure they haven't otherwise Dev/Neus would've fixed it in the latest patch) or I would've done it myself.

You're right, the Quest Log not updating the Quest into the right Category (Finished) is most definitely a bug.

As for Varon? Currently after you get no prompt you lose the key or that the quest is indeed finished, but he winds up being in:
Chaturanga's Inn as a recruitable Mercenary.

I'm not entirely sure if him not disappearing in his Cell is the lack of a flag for that instance or also a bug; regardless it's worth noting.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
bump
Did your key get taken when she spoke to him and completed the quest, or did you have to do so as well?
It took my key from what I know, when I tried speaking to him after she did it didn't progress anything. It must have took it from me when she spoke to him and 'progressed' it.
Bump.
Is it possible you never had the key to begin with? I know someone else had a similar issue recently.
I had the key, if it was the one upstairs in that room then yes I had it. (Prior to ever speaking with him, I got the key beforehand.) The key was taken from the incident, but this problem transpired.
I know you picked up the key, but what I'm saying is did you actually see it in your inventory before you talked to him? Someone had an issue yesterday where they picked up the key but it wasn't in their inventory for whatever reason.
Mhm, I saw the key because I examined it prior to going downstairs by double clicking it.