Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bodyguard and a REAL nerf
So with the new Battle Weight system in place, some people can carry around Bodyguards with no problem whatsoever, while maintaining ridiculous amounts of dodge. I spoke to Sderg after finding out that's the thing and got a few statistics from him about his character who has a Bodyguard.

244.86 Dodge

BG Weight 48

53 STR / 40 Base

BW total 48 / 58

Lv 60

5 fist / 5 sword / 5 packrat

Katana weight mod 5

Fist weight mod 3

So basically, if you do this right, you can run around with the benefits of a Bodyguard with no penalty, and on top of that, you have ridiculous amounts of dodge to boot while gaining a good effect. Mind you this is also without Indomitable in the mix.

I propose a change to the item in question by making the wearing suffer 25% (or 50%) BW reduction, because even those who can achieve 80 STR would still have around 60 BW while wearing a Bodyguard without Indomitable, Packrat, or Weapon Expertises. IE; If wearing Bodyguard -25% (or 50%) total BW.

Or, as Sderg has suggested, make the wearer of Bodyguard suffer -50% total Evade (after mods apply).

These are at least two suggestions to make the item not be ridiculous for high strength users having little to no penalty in the process and getting high dodge rates as a Black Knight or carrying around a -50% to all damage for something they can easily bypass with strength.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Just make them unable to dodge with it, IMO. BW reduction = "lol I can't hit anything" = "Mages get more use out of it than actual heavy armor users."
*loud burp*
Could also make people who wear it unable to cast magic. That'd probably work.
If nobody can cast, then skills shouldn't be used either. But no, this isn't a nerf mages thing.

Ranlyn, I'm pretty sure if you're wearing heavy armor that keeps you from lifting and swinging your arms freely and swiftly enough, you're not going to be able to hit as accurately. I'd assume logically that's why BW makes your hit go down.

It weighs 40 at base, no mage in their right mind would want to wear it when their Evade would go down by massive amounts.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Have it reduce total hit-dodge by 20%, inflict interference, and reduce Move by 1.

Since it's so heavy, it would be cumbersome, and tiring to wear.
Doesn't Interference stop REGEN and any healing done to your character..? Seems uh.. a little over the top with that.
Interference only stops HP and FP regen.
I kind of just want to make it halve damage that exceeds your current HP and consider it done.
But. Bodyguard Halves damage that does over half of your current HP. Isn't that the same- oh. Nevermind.