Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Player Agency: In Airides defense.
Well shall we go down the list of the crap Krono was arrested for? Cause we might as well get the bullshit out of the way first, and I do mean the bullshit arrest:

• Making a threat: Its one thing to make a treat against someone's life and it's one thing to act upon it. Of course there was no action being made nor was there going to be, but that's just one arrest, I have a few more.

• Stopping a fight in Cellsvich: Allow me to give a little insite on this one. Two nubs fighting in the middle of Cellsvich without an OOC tag is clearly going to be taken IC, right? Right, then you have Sarah's formal guard Fiona AFKing near the billboard (keep this in mind while because a lot of the guards do this, especially in the arena) and I had no knowledge of their being an active guard in the arena, so Krono stepped in to stop it himself. After which, Fiona suddenly wakes up and Spo shows up and they arrest Krono. As for the other two they left.

• A sticker on a book: This is just flat out stupod.

• The mask: Kronos was warned about this, yes, but lets make a few key facts:

First: Fuck that event excuse. Because lets get something straight, in the fee IC years this occurred you'd THINK the god damn guards would get their thumbs up their asses and get better defense, right? So that's null and void.

Second: The reason why Cellsvich doesn't get attacked is due to it being protected by a strong magic and the only reason to bypass this is with Air's passage papers.

Third: Everyone saw Krono do this even the god damn incompetent NPC guards, and unless Krono attacked, he didn't. In fact he was the one who was attacked, and a multitude of people saw this, hell when Eden went to get the guards his words were: "Krono is being attacked."

Come at me.
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
maybe the issue is that the lore and the guards need be tweaked to be less murdery. more life in prison

the playerbase should be allowed to play in the setting of their choice.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Its metagaming and godmodding to outright kill him. If you don't let him decide HIS own characters fate himself, that is itself godmodding.

It should be up to him if his character makes a dashing escape or disappears in the night. Its up to Airide to justify how his character survived.

I fail to see how it can be considered meta-gaming and I was under the impression everyone posting on here was aware of the fact GMs' say preceeds the rules, but are still held accountable for their own actions when they do so.

Letting him just escape or 'disappear' because he wants to is godmodding itself.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Better yet, a GM shouldn't be the guard commander. Clearly, should we bring up the use of kaleidoscope, the 3k hp, healing factor and the 12 base momentum?
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
Diz the arguement here is that the guards are too harsh, the system is too harsh, that the gms should not have the right to outright kill your character.

The ic reasoning is shallow and immersiveless

You cant escape jail because its unbreakable

You cant escape execution because guards in arjav are unbeatable.

thats god modding.
[Image: 7dc7a26fa7e14aa7b7abb2041f563ed4.png]
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I remember at some point that Chaos said that "even the emperor is afraid of the guard captain" or something to that effect.

Likely not the emperor, but many key figures in lore.

Also, the guard captain is weak 500% or so to Darkness damage, it just so happens that being able to attack 4 times in a turn, field wide sniping capabilities, and humongous status resistance happen to overrate all of his weaknesses. Chaos has legitimately stated that, to kill the guard captain, would take a group of 4 people to even have a chance.

Seriously. I understand that you don't want the guard captain to be able to be dunked on easy. But if he's the one doing the arrest, or someone has to make it out of prison, logically, they have to make it past him. Generally, on their own.
In dnd which I've been playing for years, the guard commander would be the highest shit tier of stupid things ever made, no one would ever credibly treat any dm who created him and his back story with any credibility.

Its an unfair challenge, a gm/dm's role is to fairly challenge players with accomplishable goals that make that promote character growth.

Also character growth, how can krono redeem himself through character growth if the system exists to punish anyone who sways morally with inevitable death.

Edit for clarity

I'm not for gm's not being able to never kill a character, I just feel the current proccess is half assed and not involved enough, and that the player should always have the right fight it off or justify their character living.
"iStabOreos" Wrote:Better yet, a GM shouldn't be the guard commander. Clearly, should we bring up the use of kaleidoscope, the 3k hp, healing factor and the 12 base momentum?

As you love to point out, Chaos is never around meaning this character is never present (admittedly I've seen him RP on them 6 times tops). I'm pretty sure he doesn't like to play on the character due to how 'heavy' they are as a force.

"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Diz the arguement here is that the guards are too harsh, the system is too harsh, that the gms should not have the right to outright kill your character.

The ic reasoning is shallow and immersiveless

You cant escape jail because its unbreakable

You cant escape execution because guards in arjav are unbeatable.

thats god modding.

Have you even tried talking to him? Granted Bleoden probably got a bit of special treatment but that's because Saw attempted to interact with the GMs at the time (Sly and Chaos) to further that plot-line. You can say it's a lose-lose game but you always fail to win if you never attempt.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I have three things to say regarding to this situation.

First, one of the major reasons Krono was arrested for the case with the Mask of the Night Lord incident was that the guards refused to take witness testimonies, for that incident, my character (Doctor Warrick) would actually be more guilty than Krono, I even stated this ICly and asked to join Krono to help explain the situation, as I was involved with the incident as a whole before Krono even stepped in (In fact I was technically responsible for starting it), I was refused because I was not part of the combat, which I was going to force myself into however Krono was AFK due to crashing until the guards showed up and I wasn't given a chance. As for Krono's position in this specific offense, he showed up at the very end not really knowing much, and wanted to pull a small prank and get out, but it turned into something major when it turns out the people he was pranking were very agitated Papillions who believed Warrick is a monster. Now I also want to address that the "father" of the Papillions, as I was told ICly, grabbed Warricks shoulder, and lightly threatened him that he is going to be taken to the guards, for being a Spatial, the father then disconnected, and didnt appear again until the fight, which he then proceeded to ignore what he was doing to Warrick and join the fight, without omitting his previous actions. Feel free to correct me as there was a lot going on in the chat window and I may have missed something. Long story short, this situation would've been much easier to solve if the guards allowed witness testimonies.

As for previous offenses that Krono did, I have no say as I was never ICly involved or told in detail.

My second thing, while I don't think Krono should be executed for THIS offense, I can understand that people wish to use the collaboration of his previous offenses, and honestly, with the amount of stuff he's done, I can actually agree somewhat, despite him being a good friend, however I feel like people tend to hold a grudge too much against Krono's previous actions, yes, Krono committed many misdemeanors, however he was punished with jail time, a lot of jail time, therefor he served his time and payed back for the actions. With how the justice system works, jail time is pretty much a glorified warning instead of retribution. I know the law system is different in SL2, however it seems a tad unfair to me, a personal nitpick, but I know I am not the only one who thinks that.

Finally, if Krono is to be executed, I think there should be an IC event for it, I think he deserves a chance to escape, keep his character alive, and live in Law's End as a branded criminal for life, this is a roleplaying game, and Krono's character is rather popular, I know there are probably going to be a couple people who would like to intervene or make a say during the execution, even if it is to say some final words, or whatever it may be. If this is an IC offense, the punishment should be dealt with, IC in the world were people are able to see that it actually happened instead of saying, "We executed him off-screen."

I will most likely not be replying, as I have nothing left to say, I apologize, but I'm not a very important member of this games community, which in all honesty, factors in a lot to these kinds of topics.
[Image: g5VjMYf.png]