Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lich-Fu
Okay so, Liches are pretty terribad. Especially against anything faster than them/capable of knocking them down.

So lets look at my lich, Konlei.

[Image: b30b0f515a.jpg]

16 defense, 135 HP with Exceptional Health. Lets go further to say that they wear a Bodyguard with 20 defense.

53 CEL, so he might go first, but against a speedster/anyone with decent CEL, not likely.

So lets assume he goes against... a verglas, or even another evoker.

Lets go with Verglas first.

Let's assume this Verglas has a 30 power fist, not hard to get, 70 CEL, also not hard to get if they try, and rank 1 Heaven Kick+Rank 5 Verg stuff.

Well, if PVP breaks out. They'll be able to fly across the battlefield and almost always, immediately, land a HEAVENS kick. This could be quaking, this could be otherwise. Lets assume 10 distance, 10*2+30+5 or whatever damage. 55-36= 19 damage to the Lich. About 1/7th of the Liches HP gone. Then the Verglas follows up with a swift rapid kick. 70+30+20. 120 damage. 120-36 = 86/6=6 kicks of 14 damage.

The lich now has about 32 HP to retaliate, and he hasn't even gotten his turn yet. So, he'll try to dish out as much as he can. Sear, heal. He heals all of his HP back, with ease, and dishes out some damage. however he's still standing next to his opponent.

The opponent then finishes it with RAPID KICK *2, or Axe Kick >Rapid Kick > Rapid Kick or any combination thereupon.

----LICH LOSS----

Evoker vs Lich?

Let's assume 70 WIL Evoker, 25 Power Tome, R5 Magaisendo. R5 Earth stuff.

The lich has 51 Resist this time around, they should be set!

The opponent starts off with a charge mind since they're faster. The lich follows up with the same. However this evoker is a cheap asshole and decides to double cast Magaisendo with his charge mind.

((70+25+23+5)*2.5-51)/2=128.25 Lich is almost dead, Another cast and... Lich is dead.

Liches need .something. anything to balance them out because half-HP is way to detrimental to their survivability in PVP and .definitely. in PVE
I guess instead of a straight dilution of their HP, it could just be 30%. The vessel's supposed to be vulnerable, and it's 99% impossible for a Lich to die unless they give into Void Poisoning or have their phylactery found (which is impossible). No matter how much they may lose to anyone, they'll always have enough times to return and really hand it to them with their new found knowledge and tactics.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
Yeah I can kind of agree, I haven't been able to flesh my Lich out yet, but a good number of skills can pretty much one-hit them in combat from what I've seen.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Another way to help this is just to change how resistance works seeing as it doesn't actually help that much, for anyone. Even at high numbers like 40+. Maybe make the formula something like damage-element resistance%-resistance(stat). Keeping in mind I have no idea if that's better or worse (or the exact same) than the formula right now. I'm just kind of throwing out a suggestion.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
Currently Damage goes like this.

1. Elemental Resistance
2. Stat Resist/Defense
3. Damage Reduction.
Alright, then another idea would be to give liches a flat -10/20% magic damage reduction that could apply before or after elemental resistance. They're beings of pure focus. Why does magic destroy them as easily as everything else? I just don't see the logic.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]
DR doesn't really help as much as we'd all like to say, maybe just 25% Magic Resist would be the way to deal with incoming damage with a possibility for DR to some physical attacks because focus based or whatever.

I mean, they'll still die ridiculously fast, just less so.
I would say to give them a 30% boost to their FP at a cost of 30% of their HP.

It's a more even trade-off, and still fits the theme "Powerful but frail".
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2015#p2015 Wrote:MegaBlues » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:33 pm[/url]"]I would say to give them a 30% boost to their FP at a cost of 30% of their HP.

It's a more even trade-off, and still fits the theme "Powerful but frail".

That's not too bad of an idea, really.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
I think I'd rather buff Liches through traits. Their rather weak early game is intentional, and I want a lack of HP to be a drawback, but I can see how it's a little much. Something like a trait that gives a toggle skill that spends FP automatically if they're knocked down to reduce the Momentum it takes away, or a Hardened Vessel trait that increases their HP and Defense a bit (could probably also be taken by Mechs).