Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legendary Heroes, newer aspects
Fair enough, forgot to mention I support this overall in my original post.

+1
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I'm okay with this, too.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
Since the legend extensions also give you +1 to the current stat, in addition to changing the racial base, the benefit of having one for APT is the same as any other stat -- you can spend 1 less stat point in APT for the same increase as you usually have, even on races whose base isn't such that 42 APT becomes beneficial where 43 was needed before.
I'm so 'eh' at this one, Esther.

Let's not mess with APT to make it even more mandatory, I guess? A lot of players would be pretty unhappy with this, as they will need to LE and fix their builds.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Adjusting APT would need build re-crafting everywhere for the most part, I think SAN and GUI are not really too harmful.
Agreed with Spo.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
As someone who still gains a net benefit from having 50 APT, I can honestly say that I would appreciate the ability to LE and spend one of those points elsewhere. Current builds wouldn't lose effectiveness from the existence of an APT Aspect. Their APT will be exactly the same as it always has been.

People who want to LE to get that Aspect can do so for the +1 stat point to put elsewhere, just like any other new Aspect that comes out.

Example:
You have 36 APT. It grants you +6 all stats. There is no Aspect for APT.
Then an Aspect for APT comes out. You still have 36 APT and it still grants you +6 all stats.

If you want to LE so that you can spend one less point on APT to hit that 36, you can do so -- it is no different than trading 1 legend ink for 1 trait point and spending it on Iron Skin or Lucky Coin, or trading 1 legend ink for one of the existing Aspects and spending the stat point you would have spent in that stat, in another stat instead.

You still need to LE to gain legend inks anyway.
As someone who understands how the game works, if you seriously think having 50 APT is good, I'm going to have to respectfully request you stop posting.

The point is that aspects increase your soft cap which in turn means you have to (you don't have to, but it's way too efficient not to) spend more points in APT because it's a milestone stat, and your soft cap increasing means you can reach the next point of it actually being useful... or maybe it doesn't, depending on your racial base, which is adding a problem to a problem.
Bump (as it was off the first page), still curious to see Dev/Neus' response to this.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy