Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butterflys
are useless at high levels, they don't scale on anything.

the fix, scale them on character level

The level of statuses can be tested, a level 60 x might to be too strong for one status but too weak for another.

Also maybe their hitrate/stats in general should scale up (except health) based on player level.
I always thought their statuses were alright considering they cost 1m, and run off of the papilion's status infliction, im not against the idea, but im just saying I never thought they were inherently underpowered.
The poison does like 6 damage. I dunno about the other stuff.
The charm also applies to the butterfly and not the Papillion. The butterfly already dies in one hit. Completely pointless.

EDIT: The Charm, I mean. Not the butterfly.
*loud burp*
1/2 character level - scaled SAN, for status effects caused by the butterfly seems nice.
I agree with Esther. 20 should be the 'minimum' result in this math, and seems reasonable enough. Even if Illusions are supposed to be illusions.

Though, it would be nice if it had an interaction with people who 'resists wind'. Any, if possible. Just to keep the guise of 'this is an illusion, and only the real fools who are not prepared for it shall suffer'. (Which is pretty much everyone.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I could see 1/2 character level being fine for the statuses, fix charm so that its to the papillion not the butterfly.

Also if their non defensive stats would scale up in level.
A skilled enough illusionist should realistically be able to make someone think they're in pain. (Or not realize they are.) So IMO, it makes perfect sense to buff the butterflies so long as they still die in one hit.

After all... the butterflies have a chance to inflict one status at random, and Charm is a waste of a status on them.
*loud burp*
As far as I'm aware Charm isn't caused by the butterfly. The only statuses where LV matters is Charm and Poison. Charm is always LV 10 currently and Poison is always LV3. These could be adjusted a bit but since these are 1M 'free' status chances, I don't know if they should really be made much more powerful.