Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fortune Wind Secondary Effect
"Neus" Wrote:No, it hitting multiple times is definitely a bug. If it's too weak then feel free to make a balance fu thread for buffs to it.

Since FW is being changed to only hit once, can we just talk about how utterly useless the secondary effect is?

Wind Attack + 1/2 FW's Evade bonus is absolute TRASH for...

- Requiring a 3m setup + 3m execution
- Ending a useful buff
- Not scaling with anything else.

It's effectively a worse 6M version trap that only activates point blank and requires manual detonation. Let me be blunt: there is literally zero reason to activate FW's secondary effect as is. ZERO. It serves one singular purpose: To stop you from refreshing FW before it expires.

Either remove the secondary effect so FW can be refreshed more freely, or make it... you know, NOT one hundred percent absolute trash? Holy crap, can you blame us for not reporting it sooner since we thought that was an intentional aspect of the skill to make it NOT completely useless?
*loud burp*
This ability did 'decent' damage while the bug was present, and now it does terrible damage, yes. However, anyone who thinks in any fathomable reality that this spell is not extraordinarily powerful is psychotic in my mind. This is the single best dodge buff in the game. Making it easy to refresh is a terrible mistake. As far as I'm concerned, the secondary effect is unnecessary given the strength of the primary buff.
That's exactly the point: there's absolutely zero reason to dispel the buff for the damaging effect.
*loud burp*
"Ranylyn" Wrote:That's exactly the point: there's absolutely zero reason to dispel the buff for the damaging effect.

The knockback has marginal circumstantial value, but the fact that it needs to be double tapped to dispel the buff is what makes it difficult to reapply over and over. It actively hurts the power level of the spell, which I have very little issue with on account of how much evade it can tack on.
It should refund 3 Momentum instead of 10 FP. The damage is now pitiful, the only use this skill have is to push people away from melee range, in which would make any Archer happy.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It would be more productive to talk about alternatives, rather than just saying it's bad.
"Ranylyn" Wrote:That's exactly the point: there's absolutely zero reason to dispel the buff for the damaging effect.

Uhm. Secondary Effect being the same, but refunding the Momentum used (3M) instead of FP used (10 FP)?... anyone?... hi-llow??... *awkwardly waves to Rany*
I think it should definitely knock enemies back the full distance, and maybe raise the damage to around 150% Wind ATK + Evade bonus.
It's not even an offensive skill, Soaps. It's utility should come as more 'gimmicky'.

I'd say yes if the skill was made to damage, or if Archer class didn't had any autohits to lean on, like Starbow or Aerial Razor. Or even the traps.
Magic Gunner has zero autohits.

Do you feel lucky, punk?