Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BW And Mages
So. Like. Mages take 0 penalty to casting for being over BW.

I propose they lose Spell Damage for being over BW, or their spells cost 1-5% more to cast for every point they're over.
Yeah, no, considering the weight of tomes and how much BW they actually get when you compare them to melee? No. They get the same penalties as everybody else, it's an entirely fair game.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
"I take a hit penalty for wielding a tome!"

Basic tomes weigh 12, but can be mastercrafted down to 10.

Fans weigh 6, base.

These can be reduced to 5, and 1 BW respectively.

Most Mages will, and should, have above 10 BW, especially considering Packrat gives you 5.

Most mages will, without a doubt, get about 15 strength. Law of averages and all-that-jazz.

59 levels, 15% STR growth. You're bound to get some in there somewhere.
You're still likely going to receive a penalty somewhere down the line. A 15% doesn't guarantee anything.

Even if you don't, nobody attacks with tomes because they suck as weapons. Okay let's say hypothetically casting made your D go down on your tome, well guess what, now your spells suck because your weapon is at 0D. Oh and on top of that they suck more because you're over BW.

Again, I'm not going to agree with this because it's not a level and fair suggestion. Tomes are shitty weapons that need improvements, and just because you're over in weight doesn't mean your spells should suck more than they already do. That would be awful for LBs, and considering how easy it is to kill a mage, yes easy, cause people seem to have no problem beating me when I have a good versatile way of fighting, they have low HP, especially Liches, etc, etc, the book I'm writing on why Mages are fine and are pretty damn squishy.

If you go ahead and say skills get reduced in damage, sure I'll play along, but not everything in the game has to be some kind of mage nerf system.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
I'd play along if you're playing some Bk wearing 160 pounds of gear and relies on turnover/crescent rook spam to live. Sure.

Though that kind of invalidates Arb's HEAVY TACKLE, though exceptions to the skill can be made on a case-by-case basis.