Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reuse and Recycle (Engineer FP cost concern)
TLDR Version: Can "Reuse and Recycle" apply to all bots and not just upgrades? Because Metalaegis and Medibot are now too prohibiteively expensive for lengthy BDPs unless the Engineer has Evoker-Tier max FP to make food good enough (And pure Genius no longer gives Will, on top of it.) This will not affect PVP balance at all, and simply make the Engineer a bit more sustainable in BDPs.

Reasoning:

I'm glad that Engineer got an update to have more going for it in PVP, but can we talk FP costs for a minute?

Old Engi: 10 FP to drop a turret, 10 FP to drop a metalaegis beside it to double it's lifespan, 10 FP for a medibot to further increase it = 30 FP for a defensive barricade the mobs could focus on while you shoot them from afar. (It was not worth it to almost double their FP cost for basically +8 damage, or enough survival to maybe survive one extra hit, etc, unless you were trying to use them in PVP.)

New Engi: It goes from 10/10/10 to 10/50/50. So basically, if you do that, you're out 110 instead of 30. That's a difference of 80 FP. While this is fine for a single battle, it adds up way too fast over the course of an entire BDP. Unless you, say, have spirit weapons or are running a Vamp Shell One Overcharge FP Battery as your other class, or something.
*loud burp*
Engineer itself needs some FP balance check. I'm willing to give my opinion about it here after I carefully check the class.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It's been about a week, do you feel this is still a necessary change after playing with it more?
yes
yes it doesn't deserve these fp costs, especially when they don't have the kind of fp regen a summoner or mage would go about getting.
Reduce the costs by 15 or 20, and increase Electro Shield and Upgrade costs by the same amount, and it will be fine. The bots alone are not 'so' harmful, it's the fact you can tune them up with the upgrades.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I don't think an increase to electro shield or upgrade is necessary, I was going to write on this earlier but I actually think the FP costs are fine for the bots, just give them a little more power, Turret is very weak and isn't worth the 5SP, Medicopter seems to be fine though it lacks movement, and metalaegis does it's job pretty well.
The primary concern is Engineer being usable for a 'decent' length of time in PvE, not PvP.
My original post was based on the notion of turret remaining 10-18. The description had not been updated.

With it being worth 50, my original post is MORE of a desperate plea.
*loud burp*
Engineer would be healthy fp wise with their skills all being in the 15-30 range, their "abusable" gimmick ect the robots, already have Large cool downs, Nothing on engineer scales on a stat that generously buries you in fp.