Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Time to detonate my shield! Wait, what!? That's not what I wanted to do!"
Electro Shield cannot be Overloaded on the final turn of it's duration, instead refreshing it.

Learned this the hard way when trying to end a fight in style, heh.
*loud burp*
More details? Are you sure you had it active still?
I've actually noticed a lot of icons still displaying as final turn expiry for several turns afterwards, so it may not actually be the case.

I'll pay closer attention.
*loud burp*
If it turns out to be a status display issue, let me know.
It probably is; I've encountered it with Fortune Wind as well, in the past. (Back when it was ever worth using the secondary effect on ever.)

Just tested: Electro Shield does not have the one-turn expiry flash until AFTER the user's turn on the last turn. This causes confusion in rare scenarios where the status is not removed from below your HP/FP/BW, but this isn't a constant.
*loud burp*
That's weird. You're saying it doesn't flash when it's on the last turn, when it should at the start of its last turn? Does that happen with any other statuses? And the status icon isn't removed sometimes?
I'd need to compile a lot more data before I say for sure, and unfortunately, I'm very busy this weekend and don't have enough time to check before I can begin my errands (Laundry room/ stores open as 8 AM, in a half hour, and playing around with multiple scenarios to get as accurate a report as possible on something seemingly inconsistent is just not possible in so short a timeframe; I won't be back until closer to 11 PM tonight, and then I'm busy all day tomorrow.)

I will say that, from my experience, the thing about status icons not being removed seemed far more rampant in 1.68/1.69 than it is in 1.69b. So you may have fixed something related to this along the way. However, I wasn't paying especially close attention until 1.69b because I had known it was borked, which is when I noticed it was not doing the final turn expiry flash until AFTER my turn.
*loud burp*