Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kip up! and combination fighter
Kip Up is an extremely powerful skill for Martial Artist and I think it deserves to be main class only.

On the other hand Combination Fighter is an under-utilized skill that has some restrictions to how you use it, and could probably be swapped out for kip up for being any class slot only.
Most Main-Class Only Skills typically gravitate towards Offensive/Offensive-Utility (such as Fleur, 1v1, Eviter, Dagger Dance, etc).

You also have the Trait that you spent 1 point on that allows to prevent Knockdown from triggering in spammed situations (the main reason for this is either to prevent added Momentum loss for non-MA classes or to prevent Evade Decrease in dodgy MAs).

Then you have Main-Preferred Skills like Wraithguard, Absolute Death and Indomitable that Kip-Up fits in better with. Personally, I rather it not receive a nerf but if I had to suggest one it would be:

Make it a 2 Rank Skill (preventing 1/3M or 2/3M loss respectively) that provides +1 if you Main-Class MA/MA Advancements with no way for Spirits to augment this.

EDIT: Some noticeable things that would be affected by this, that are both somewhat in-meta, would be Mutated Turtle Shells (which provide -1M on top of the proposed changes) and Fleur/Crit-Builds still being able to barely compensate for the loss of Momentum occured by this change (which either forces them to crit or hinders them from missing a second 3M action if not Main-Classing and miss said crit).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I don't exactly see your point, eviter is a defensive skill that doesn't completely shut down a single status effect, Weathered Body from the same class is a damage reduction that is main class only, so is 1v1, bulwark and finally Quick Rise, Every single one of these skills, especially quick rise has a main class requirement and an ADDITIONAL requirement after that to even proc.

Kip up has no requirement and shuts down knockdown almost completely as a status, I'd like it to be powerful but in order for it to be that way you'll have to give up the other very powerful skills, it's just not fair that knockdown's momentum loss is negated vs anyone who happens to also be a martial artist, alongside their other classes.

I'd also rather stay consistent and not have to change the skill at all, I'd prefer just tacking on main class to a skill as powerful as negating momentum loss entirely.
I think Kip up should force users to use 1-2M momentum to get up instead of a free 0M. A Main-class only nerf probably is a bit much right now, but yes, I agree some type of change is needed.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
"Spoops" Wrote:Kip Up is an extremely powerful skill for Martial Artist and I think it deserves to be main class only.
Pretty much.
^ That.

While I'd try to add more reasons why, I think all of those have been said in one line. Knockdown is annoying, but it shouldn't be nullified by a sub-class. Even if it is already nerfed to not work with Heavy Armor, it was just to make it more fair.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I once again agree with Spoops!
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
I don't think Combination Fighter will become a general class skill. All of the percentage modifiers are main class for a reason; I don't want them being mixed because then you get some really OP combinations. But that doesn't necessarily exclude Kip Up from becoming main class only, or having a reduced effect if not a MA main class, as someone suggested.
Hmm, Combination fighter could work similarly to Absolute Death and be halved in sub class, but I digress I think kip up is the bigger issue here you're right.

I think either or could work, and while I do understand the frustrations of dealing with trying to push someone onto their rear only to reveal that didn't really do much to them, I understand the frustrations of the knockdown status itself and could see a bit of a reduction to their momentum instead.
Quote:Knocking you down just gives you an opportunity to flip yourself back to your feet. Reduces the Momentum needed to get up from a Knocked Down status effect. Kip-Up's effect is reduced while wearing Light or Heavy Armor, by 1 and 2 Momentum respectively. If Martial Artist is not your main class, Kip-Up's effect is further reduced by 1.
tl;dr: Knockdown would be 0M to get up as main class Unarmored, 1M as main class Light or subclass Unarmored, 2M as main class Heavy or subclass Light, and has no effect for subclass Heavy.

Just an idea.