Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: Religion
+1
*loud burp*
I agree with this. It's silly to see someone pray to a God they probably don't actually care for ICly, just for a tiny boost to some numbers.
It would be nice to see this stopped but I honestly can't see people doing so; just like how people use spirits OOCly and don't actually have it as a functioning part of the character's RP.

EDIT: (I swear to [REDACTED] if someone tries to tell me the OOC spirit meta isn't a thing I will cry laughing. :roll: I know it's a bit off-topic but it fits into the same vein of things overall.)
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Most if not all of my characters have some reason to pray to the god they pray to, I agree with this as well.

ftr Exxy I believe I asked a GM once if Spirits were required to be IC or not and they are, so if you see someone with spirits OOCly tell them to knock it off.
I don't think you're ever going to stop people from minmaxing. Even if this behavior were enforced you'd just end up with a bunch of people half-assing it which can be just as bad (or worse) than people not doing it at all. I don't condone it, and I appreciate the overall message here trying to encourage people to roleplay it better, but I don't think it's ever going to be something that ever stops being a thing.
"Neus" Wrote:I don't condone it, and I appreciate the overall message here trying to encourage people to roleplay it better, but I don't think it's ever going to be something that ever stops being a thing.
This right here is enough. As a rule, it'd be nigh-impossible to enforce (and many would half-ass it, as you said), so that's not my objective.

As with all my 'PSA' threads, the point is to publicly criticize it, to let it be known how many beginners, veterans, GMs (in this case, even the developer) find these things to be poor roleplay practices, without attacking anyone in particular.

No, this isn't going to change the opinion of some jerk who doesn't care what anyone says anyway, but it could most definitely sway a new player, or even an older player that either hasn't thought much about it or just happens to be a late bloomer.
can we atleast use the current system to beat people up who pray to their own custom made gods and try to rp them actually affecting things
Null shell the fake religion right outta them.
I agree with all of this.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)