Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magic Beyond Destiny
Being destiny'd means that any other classes you have unlocked outside of the class faction you have now dedicated your character to are locked. In doing so, Destiny Spellthief's copy-spells and the Tarnada are made useless. Spellthief's destiny copy spells, as well as the Tarnada's Vydel, are reduced to Rank 0 just because of the sole fact that mage classes are inaccessible.

Also, each time a new spell is released via new class, if a destiny Spellthief finds it desirable, they have to un-destiny with a Legend Extension, level up the new spell's rank from the new class, then re-destiny with another Legend Extension. This.. Ends up being a bit much and unnecessary. It can have an easy fix.

Simple solutions:

Copy Spells Rank are based off of the passive innate 'Overload Copy' skill or the 'Spell Snatch' skill instead of their ranks in the mage classes.
A Tarnada's Vydel rank is based off of ((UL/4)-1) with a minimum rank of 1.
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
I agree with this, overload copy makes the most sense
Since you're talking about destiny, I assume you're suggesting this applies only to Rogue destiny characters?
Yep as a rogue destiny all spells you steal count as rank 1 because you only have rogue classes unlocked.

It'd be nice if there was a way to get them to count as max rank, its not like the days of pre cap spell thiefs that could steal EVERY.SINGLE.SPELL.
That would be nice for copied spells, actually, since non-destiny Spellthieves can still benefit from spirits and whatnot.

Tarnada, on the other hand, I don't know about.
Tarnada can be easily replaced with a separate skill that functions identically to Vydel but has its own independent scaling, probably the same as max rank Vydel.
Actually, while we're on the subject, someone mentioned having Tarnada be a valid casting tool for Vydel.

That would probably be a bit too strong as-is, but if adjustments are being made, it's something to keep in mind.
I think if the 'copy' of Vydel was far far weaker than actual Vydel, it could stand to be a purely wind ATK scaling ability, pairing nicely with a winged spear for Vent Petale.
"Spoops" Wrote:I think if the 'copy' of Vydel was far far weaker than actual Vydel, it could stand to be a purely wind ATK scaling ability, pairing nicely with a winged spear for Vent Petale.

I think I could get behind this; ditching the "casting tool scaling" aspect of it for a significantly higher elemental attack percentage. The Tarnada version, I mean.
*loud burp*
Please don't kill my wind faerie.