Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tsukikage
Tsukikage's scaling is rather inconsistent and doesn't match up with any other dagger by far, and it's effect is just not worth it to run over any other dagger, as cutthroat has a silence already, and it's got a total scaling of 70% compared to it's sister dagger Hikage, which has 90%.

I'd prefer it if we saw Tsukikage's total scaling upped to 90% so that both of these daggers are on par with each other, as they have essentially the same effects (Except one is silence, one is burn.)

There's two good ways to go about it to not change any existing builds too much, in where you can change it's scaling to:

30% VIT, 60% GUI
or..
15% STR, 75% GUI (It'd mirror the Hikage with this scaling, creating synergy and looking cool)
I don't think anyone's going to put points in STR for a 15% scaling. That's part of why that set isn't used very often, since STR is not a stat people like to invest in for reasons beyond weapon scaling, and scaling with a 15% is just... there are other places better to put those stats.
The main reason the scaling is inconsistent and on the lowish side for one of the daggers is because the set effect is very powerful.
Reallocating the stat spread (as in shifting the values around, not the total) for the scaling may bring this back into prominence (I honestly haven't seen anyone use it or the sister dagger since Pre-GR).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
The set's pretty powerful I agree, but it's just not worth 70%, most would rather run Tessens and Vorpal Fangs, and I think 90% is a good scaling for them both since most daggers that tend to be seen scale 100%-120% (Hell, Tessens have so much damage they'd still likely be to the go-to after a change)

I don't think I've ever seen anyone use Hayabusa since GR and I feel like it's mostly due to Tsukikage's low scaling, 70% scaling is too low for any weapon that isn't a gun, considering that armor ratings are still a thing.
Most people just wield dual hikage because they can get the set effect without having to change to shitty damage types.

Just as an FYI.
I don't think that matters all too much Sderg, dual wielding Hikages is fine, dual wielding Tsukikages really isn't since they just won't do much damage at all comparatively to the other daggers.

Personally I dislike fire/water damage typings because there are still several people who can just resist one or both of those elements.
Oh, no. I'm saying that in direct response to Dev.

"That damage scaling on the tsukikage is there because of wielding the set being powerful!"

When in reality, that doesn't change jack shit because people dual wield hikage's over hikage + tsukikage.
You get no benefits but a drawback, the chance to trigger 'resist' when using Hikage and Tsukikage combo.

I really wouldn't mind Tsukikage's damage to be pathetic, if only it's effects justified it. And this might even be a solution for the whole 'I don't want to use Hikage and Tsukikage' part.

Silence can be taken care of in a blink anyway, so let's limit it a bit. Any sane mage would pack a Throatopener/Screamer Tome/Silent Prayer because they don't want to be locked from their gimmick, so:

Hikage:
Quote:'Inflicts Burn LV 25 for 3 Rounds on Critical Hit.'
'If the target is silenced, inflict 'Hellflame Uorate' for 3 rounds on hit.'
Tsukikage:
Quote:'Inflicts Silence for 3 Rounds on Critical Hit.'
'If the target is burned, inflict 'Strangling Etacof' for 3 rounds on hit.'

Even though having new effects wouldn't solve this problem, so I'd be down to even their damage, scaling wise, as Spo said. 30% VIT, 60% GUI is pretty much the only reasonable one here, as adding STR would take away the 'Water Element' feel gimmick from it.

Rant:
Assassins are supposed to assassinate a target before they can even react properly, while being really really vulnerable to the people who can survive their burst damage, pretty much Physical Damage Evokers, you can't just take the damage out of them like that. They're obviously going to excel in one-versus-ones, but get ass-kicked in group fights. It's just their playstyle, always been, until the damage part got removed, or just moved to other items, further making stuff 'mandatory'. Even worse when people can do insane damage by using DEF/RES as offensive status. People who build for damage won't get damage, and people who build to be tanky get? This should be really reviewed ASAP. :/
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Perma-silence on anyone who doesn't use a screamer is a terrible idea. Thats all I have to say on the matter of giving these dagger hexer skills