Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mask of the night lord refund option
In west cellsvisch born and raised, by the fountain where I spent most of my days, chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool, using a mask to scare a fool, when a couple of guys, who were up to no good, startin making trouble in my neighborhood, they failed one assassination and the guard got scared, now the guard throw us all in jail for using the mask.

I'd like a formal refund or removal of the item because an event that happened almost a year ago has ruined its use as a joke item.
Can't use it at all because using one incites RIOTING AND CHAOS and lord knows that's a bad thing to use because NPC guards gon fuck you up.

Either give a refund option or let people turn into what they really, truly, desire. God damn cute animals. Like cats. Or birds. Or dogs. Or dogs that look like cats.

Or just remove it from the game.
Okay, lemme give my 2 cents.

Since I know there's a tad amount of bitterness from more recent events.

The Mask of the Night Lord is a mechanic that helps with certain RP scenarios. Someone could, for example, use illusions to turn themselves into a Spatial in the middle of town without one. All it does is offer a visual support for whatever you want to do.

You could, for example, use the vorpal rabbit sprite and say you're just a regular rabbit. Or the scarebear sprite and say you look like a giant teddy bear. Or just say you're wearing a crude costume of the monster you're imitating. There are so many different options you can use the Mask for instead of just giving up and saying, "WELL THIS DUMMY GOT ARRESTED FOR USING IT SO LET'S GET RID OF IT FOR EVERYONE".

What I will agree with is: putting in default sprites that can be used instead of only monsters. The pet kit's sprites seem decent enough for it.

(Although I believe Devy still might be a bit scarred from certain incidents in SL1.)
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
about 6 out of 10 times even if you aren't being hostile with the mask someone else will attack you because of it, also when they do so the guards will jail you for disturbing the peace.

I've heard from guards using the mask is illegal
No, inciting public panic by dressing up as a monster in the middle of town is illegal, RPing being a vorpal rabbit as being a regular rabbit is more than fine, likewise for anything else you might RP it as as long as it seems like common sense.
Don't be the idiot who walks into Cellsvich as a Black Beast.

If someone is attacking you because you're using the mask instead of on how you're using the mask, that's metagaming.

Spoops knows what's UP.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
I like to use mine for illusion shenanigans in PVE for the novelty of having an army of Legumes or Firefoxes (1 summoned, transformed into one, 3 captured) and that's fine with me. I'd rather not have it removed completely. It's fun if used responsibly. However, I do get that people have used it irresponsibly as all hell, so if it MUST be removed just to stop it from happening in the future, so be it.
*loud burp*
It's just for the fact you can't RP as the monster that this item causes IC trouble, it's existence is damn counter-productive. And the idea behind it is pretty 'ayy lmao' in my opinion. 'It's just an illusion', in a world devastated by those monsters in a daily basis, families destroyed by those Undead, slaughtered by those Beasts, ???'d by those vengeful cursed Plants and plagued with Pale Lauders, any sane, normal person wouldn't even 'think' of buying one.

And yes, a catalyst to give reasons for the Guards to jump in and go "YOU HAVE SULLIED YOUR HANDS WITH FILTHY PARCHMENTS OF MONSTER ILLUSION HERESY, CITIZEN?! HOW DO YOU PLEAD?..." Which boils down to "--Wait, no!" and ends in "TOO LATE, HERETIC!" *Stunlock and jailed for 1 OOC year!*
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Don't do it in the middle of town, it's as simple as that. This topic is ridiculous.
I know I played the humor card with this topic, but seriously, this item isn't worth its novelty joke factor anymore.